Thursday, January 3, 2008

The things we do for fun.

I hope that you all enjoyed you New Years Eve festivities. I was able to enjoy a nice relaxing night with my wife, some cards and a few drinks. I was able to start 2008 off right and enjoyed a trail run through some newly discovered snowshoe trails in the Gatineau Park. There is something about starting the year with a run or hike as it is a great foundation for a healthy year. I have been able to do so over the last few years as I don’t indulge in the amount of self-destruction I use to on New years -well at least not every year.

Not much going on today so I thought that I would attach a short clip of a buddy of mine from high school who is actually a great skier and ‘attempted’, and almost landed, an assisted back flip last year.

One thing that he didn’t have a lot of was fear or maybe it was the lack of better judgment. We all tried a great deal of different things in high school -no need to mention any now- good to see that there are still some of us having fun. Although I am not sure that I would have tried a flip on this one maybe just some other more standard jumps.

It actually appears that he almost landed it but it seems b/c of the darkness that it would have been really hard to decipher sky from ground. But alas he finds the ground and ends up out cold. Oh well you have to try everything at least once and I am sure in Greg’s position this was probably or at least won’t be the last time he attempts this jump. Hope none of my jumps end this way on my day of skiing this Saturday, or the rest of the season for that matter.

No comments: