Sunday, July 13, 2008

Filthy Fifty

Today I completed the Filthy Fifty for the fist time. I guess the masochist in me shines through on these workouts as I loved it and the harder it got the more determined I was to keep going and keep my time low. Although I needed rest here and there I was very particular with form on every movement and was really happy with my time;

For time:
50 Box jump, 24 inch box
50 Jumping pull-ups
50 Kettlebell swings, 1 pood
Walking Lunge, 50 steps
50 Knees to elbows
50 Push press, 45 pounds
50 Back extensions
50 Wall ball shots, 12lbs
50 Burpees *
50 Double unders
Time: 35:33
The knees to elbows I struggled and then the burpees were brutal. I got the first 20 in a row and then it was sets of 10 and 5 till I was done. Wanted to die when Tracy asked "how many left" and I replied "19!" The next time Tracy asked how many left I replied by holding up 4 up four fingers as I could not speak. She replied "then do them!" Have to love it when your wife tells you to work harder, thanks Tray.

Although that sweat outline is not mine (there is a great one at the Gym Jones site but could not seem to find it), after I was done the Filthy Fifty and was taking some much needed rest on the mats when I finally got up I had left pretty much the perfect impression on the mat. I had debated on taking the camera in this morning to take a few pics and had decided against it. I guess I should have and will next time.
I finshed the day with a gruling 15mins on the step mill for trek training and a relaxed pace 1000m row for a cool-down.

3 comments:

Fitness Foodie said...

It looked gruelling, but you pulled it off, well done.

Katie said...

The Filthy Fifty is a rough one. Solid work on this. Sweat angels are the best! :)

Diarist said...

I know this one is coming soon. At the moment I skip with the grace of a crack addicted elephant.

You did good work today.