Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Getting back to Normalcy

-The picture is from a thread I came across. Someone had created but could not find his site. I just had to post it

Short update and will be back to bloggin by the weekend;

I wouldn’t mind getting back to as close to normalcy as possible. The last many months have been, well the first word that comes to; chaotic. And last weekend was the topper. Monday I returned home from a three day road trip to see my first live NFL game where the Bills met the chargers. I was in awe and felt that it was an interesting spectacle and I hadn’t even stepped foot into the building.

Tailgating has become an art form to those who attend games regularly and it showed. Other then car camping I have never seen anyone get a full table, small BBQ, and pot of pulled pork set-up with beer in hand so fast before. It was a great time and the football game made it even better. It was a great game.

The reasons why this weekend was officially the topper are 1. My liver hates me, 2. I need some rest and 3. My fire exams (CPAT) will not be far off now. I am currently back into full training mode and will be continuing to do so up and till and proceeding the exams.

Before I was sick for about a week (last week) and all the weekends of mayhem, my Fran time was actually down to 4:10. I hope that by CPAT time I will have Fran at a sub 3 minute mark. This will not be easy as I saw the guys that did it in Manchester just over 3 minutes and it looks PAINFULLY FUN!

So the goal is there and it relates directly to the CPAT as although I want to pass it, I also wouldn’t mind getting as low a time as possible. A significantly low time will not hurt in the recruiters’ eyes. The passing time is sub 10m20s and there are many varying finishing times but the fastest I have heard of was 6m40s. Not sure where I will be as far as time goes but I will and am doing what it takes to get a respectable time.

That’s all for now and will have more to follow.

2 comments:

Diarist said...

Hey I train at the Manchester Crossfit..fantastic stuff there on those Fran times.

I'm feeling yuck thesedays and can't wait to get back in training.

Unknown said...

Yeah those guys did a great job not sure I can get a sub 4 like they did but will be happy to try.

Get lots of fluids and sleep and you'll be back in no time