Last night my wife and I went out for supper at our local pub. We sat by the front window that faces the patio we normally sit at and were sitting there only a short while ago. The scene was not of sun and warmth but of snow and wind. It was a beautiful sight that brought a semi-frozen tear to my eye.
This snow fall and cold continued through the night and were wakened to the feeling and sweet sounds of old man winter blowing in. From our bedroom window I had to pause early this morning to take it all in; the first snow fall.
Although I realize that it will all be gone in a short few days there is still the joy of knowing that winter is upon us. Having a brand new pair of skis, helmet and boots to follow I am rather pumped to get them out of storage. The only thing that makes this even more exciting are the new, and I must say, free back country alpine skis I built at the end of last season.
Even though it will not last long now, as I mentioned, it is a good start for the mountains as they should be cold enough over the next little while to hold on to these trace amounts. Jay Peak has already had 5" at the base of the mountain which is impressive (pictured above). Their website and a few of my backcountry sites have stated that there are some locals, among others that have already hiked up the mountain to ski what lies at the summit.
It is making me itch can’t wait to get out there.
Training is going amazing and I hope that the times to all of the classic WOD’s will be down dramatically by test time in a few weeks. With only about a month to go the pressure is on and the need to maintain; rest, diet and high level of training. I hope to get some outdoor field training in over the weekend if the weather isn’t too snowy. Would be fun to play in the field and dry some inventive ways of training. We will wait and see.
"Be impressed by intensity, not volume." - Coach Greg Glassman
1 comment:
Global warming remains cancelled in the UK. Its snowed in parts over here, I live in a very flat place so we just had a thick layer of treacherous ice.
Your pub looks very cosy by the way!
Post a Comment