Tuesday, April 10, 2007

First Blog.


For my first blog and considering that I am trying to study for finals I thought that I would steal an idea from BP –which I believe he stole from his sister- and just right in a few random thoughts as the day went by…

I have been keeping up with the lead story today from CNN in the US dealing with racial and sexual slurs by radio host Don Imus towards the Rutgers women's basketball team. I have to say that no matter if you think it is just a joke you must think of what you are saying and what message you are sending to others especially when you are broadcasting on open airways.

I have decided that I may not do a race this summer for a couple reasons; the one I really wanted to do is not offered anymore, it is getting late in the season and my recovery from my injury is a little longer then expected and I think I am going back to martial art training –which I had to stop doing years ago. I think that I may move into kick boxing as I think that I am a better at boxing then karate but love the workout from kick boxing.

This past long weekend Tracy and I did something we don’t normally do on long weekends…we stayed at home in Ottawa. Tracy and I usually travel to see family, friends, go hiking or a combination of the three, but this time with homework pressing and the need to relax we didn’t leave the city. We missed seeing those we normally visit with but it was very nice to not go very far.

Quentin Tarantino has done it again. During our long weekend Tracy and I went to see grindhouse the double bill of Planet Terror (Robert Rodriguez) and Death Proof (Tarantino). Quentin’s is by far the better of the two and for so many reason, cinematography, acting, story line, plot, character depth, and hidden jokes and overall grindhouse appeal. Planet Terror was great I enjoyed it but when compared to Death proof it has no chance. Planet terror was more a gory style where death proof has many elements. I won’t ruin it either but the fake previews –especially rob zombie’s- are great.

Unfortunately our Canadian fighter -Georges St-Pierre- not only lost his title on sat night it was ripped from his grasp as Matt Serra not only beat him but annihilated him at UFC 69. I was hoping that he would do better as I enjoy his style of fighting and he is Canadian, but Serra deserved to win that fight as he was all over GSP.

So this is officially the first blog to be put on my new page…

Forts –Black Label Society

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for taking the vow of silence on the Leafs' mishaps over the weekend. The less I hear about it, the better.

I saw the highlights (but maybe it was the whole fight, it looked like it was over quick) on Sportsnet, and Serra destroyed St-Pierre. I don't watch those things, but man, it wasn't even close!

Anonymous said...

Hey, isn't it about time for a "second blog" yet? I'm bored over here, and all BP is talking about is the playoffs... :)

SBP said...

Yeah Forts, let's get another entry up. All I talk about is the playoffs.

Unknown said...

Ok boys keep your pants on it is almost done...you do know that I ma supposed to be studying but you have now distracted me into writing a blog...of course it wouldn't take much as I am beat from going to bed at 130am after taking bp's money BOOYA!

SBP said...

I'll let you get away with that comment because you don't say it all that much BEEOTCH!!!!