Ahhh the great tranquil outdoors, trees, animals, blue sky and pedaling as fast and hard as your lungs and legs will allow so that you can fly through all that nature at top speed looking for the next jump around every corner.
Riding season is just around the corner and I am getting the itch. I have started tuning up the bike but unfortunately will have to bring it in to the shop as I forgot that at the end of last season I blew an o-ring on my rear shock. Thank god though the cost will be low as it is a minor problem. But when you mountain bike you have to be prepared to put money into your bike, especially when you like to ride hard as I do.
I was lucky to get a deal on my bike as I purchased an 03’ when the 04’s were coming out. Tag price was 3699 and I got it for 2199+tax, which was a steal for this bike, especially when it sells in the US for just a little over 3000, depending on parts. So I got my XC fully suspended race mountain bike for about 2600 and have had to replace a little more then half of that price in parts.
The second year I had while doing trials I was hopping some steps near a school and bent the crank, $900, bottomed out on a huge jump blew the rear derailleur another couple hundred and some misc parts, tubes and so on all adding up to about 1500. But this has also been 4 years of hard riding in Moab Utah, Ottawa/Gats trails, Brockville and Kingston trails, cross country/downhill race at camp fortune, solo adventure race, and even city trials and the scary downtown trails filled with broken glass, syringes -I assume- and probably some crazy guy hiding in the trees of TO.
All in all love the bike and recommend it to any one that wants a fast, light and well equipped bike. You get a lot of bike for the price, sid front shocks, Fox rear shock, all shimano deore and avid gears and cables…
Hope to make it to some new trails with a couple people this summer two trip ideas so far is the Adirondack xc trails and the northern Vermont trails. I am also hoping to rent a downhill bike and some gear and head to Bromont…can’t find anyone interested yet…haha wonder why…there are a few Bromont pics below…



Forts -The hip and Viking Skull-
2 comments:
Yes.. tis the season to get out the slicks or beefed up tires and hit the trails. Once we get a rack for the VW we can do a multi-day hike-bike in the ADK....
Yes we need that rack soon...I wonder if there are any VWs in our area!!!!
Post a Comment