
If you want to look like this, this is all you have to do; 25 pull-ups, 50 deadlifts, 50 pushups,...in a circuit for 2 hours, in addition to utilizing other unconventional yet equally taxing training methods, such as tire flipping and gymnastics-style ring training.
Now train with your personal trainer with conventional weight and cardio training. After that do 2 hours of sword and spear training. So stop everything you are doing work, hobbies….and spend those millions you have and start training for 6 hours a day. Oh and make sure that your diet is timed perfectly and that choices of meals are impeccable.
Realistically we can not afford or have the time to train this much every day nor is it necessarily a good thing, plus I don’t remember the last time I had to spear someone. Gerald butler from the movie 300 put his body and mind through extreme strain to maintain what a warriors physique in 400BC might look like. This style of training is extremely hard on joints and muscles when done day in day out 6 hours at a time. There is a proper balance to working out and a program such as this can result in overtraining injuries which Butler had.
We all get in ruts and get tired of what we do at the gym or home day in and day out. But regardless of your abilities or goals it is always good to reassess what you are currently doing and make changes where needed. If you are feeling stronger or that you think you can walk/run (or whatever) longer and faster, properly increasing distance or speed can be the change required mentally and physically.
I have been looking for a new "unconventional" training method to challenge my mind and body. So to attempt to spark some interest and work towards a physique similar to that of Mr. 300, I have come up with my own training program.
With the help of my trainer -Tracy- I have broken down conventional power/strength training and combined it with the program set up by Mark Twight -Gym Jones- for Gerald butler.
4 days a week will consist of my regular weight training;
Monday - chest/claves/Abs 3-4 workouts at 4 sets, 6,8,8,6 reps.
Tuesday – Bis/tris/Obliques 3 workouts each at 4 sets, 6,8,8,6 reps.
Wednesday – Back/forearms/Abs/traps 3-4 workouts at 4 sets, 6,8,8,6 reps
Thursday – Upper legs/Shoulders/Obliques 3 workouts each at 4 sets, 6,8,8,6 reps.
Monday - chest/claves/Abs 3-4 workouts at 4 sets, 6,8,8,6 reps.
Tuesday – Bis/tris/Obliques 3 workouts each at 4 sets, 6,8,8,6 reps.
Wednesday – Back/forearms/Abs/traps 3-4 workouts at 4 sets, 6,8,8,6 reps
Thursday – Upper legs/Shoulders/Obliques 3 workouts each at 4 sets, 6,8,8,6 reps.
Fridays - Power/Strength, changes weekly consisting of an hour or more doing circuits of
Pull-ups, Kettle bell (snatches-swings-squats-windmills-military press…), box jumping, sprinting, bear crawls, tuck sits, kipping pull-ups…
Pull-ups, Kettle bell (snatches-swings-squats-windmills-military press…), box jumping, sprinting, bear crawls, tuck sits, kipping pull-ups…
The fourth week of every month will consist of dropping the weight training and concentrating on 3 days of power and 2 days of Circuit strength training, metal strength is key this week. This will allow for "real world" strength and power, much more usefull then simply using machines. Firefighting exams are coming again soon, so this will come in handy.
On top of all this I will maintain my cardio with 3-4 runs a week, biking and hiking. Diet is also key to recovery, weight loss and energy. It -as always- will consist of the proper balance of protein/cards/fats -and my vice being beer. Rest is crucial.
So there it is a complete program that works for me and if done properly should help in all aspects of life. No matter your abilities, physical fitness level or experience we can all make a program that works for us.
Forts
Forts
4 comments:
Your opinion Mr. Forts,
I play Ultimate Thursday. John wants me to work on back and legs that same day. I told him I think this is a terrible idea considering I'll need to run that evening. He thinks I'll be fine and the cardio will be good for me right after the workout. Also taking into consideration this will be my first leg workout in forever, should I do both or just Ultimate?
I normally run on my leg days, as running (or low intensity biking) helps remove the lactic acid from my muscles.
I assume you know this but -lactic acid is a waste product that builds up in your muscles during high intensity exercise such as weights, sprints...which causes your muscles to burn, ache and become fatigue.
So I agree with John that doing legs and ultimate on the same day may be okay.
However, for a few reasons I think that you may wish to consider waiting until you've done legs a few times before taking on this regime:
a) not conditioned yet and you may be too fatigued making you susceptible to injury. Especially in a sport that requires pivoting and quick jerky movements.
b)ultimate consists of both aerobic and anaerobic exercise, and is not the preferable sport to rid the body of lactic acid.
Hope this helps.
So, short answer: Don't do it.
True short answer don't do it, but only for now.
Post a Comment