Monday, June 18, 2007

After 30, a body has a mind of its own.


Although I have not really thought of it much until lately I will be 30 in 1 month from today. Getting older doesn’t bother me but I can’t help but feel a little weird about turning 30. At this stage I am starting to reflect on those things I have learned up to this point. As well as taking stock to see if anything has changed from early 20s to hitting 30.

•Can’t believe that it has happened already and that people are right you can not recover from physical activity like you did only a couple years ago. This was a quick transition and one that is hard for me to accept.

•Along with the first point my metabolism took a nose dive at about 28. Never believed that one either. I was off for three months with an injury this year and one day looked down and to my chagrin found that a beer belly was starting to form…what the @#$%#%$^. Needless to say thank god I can run again.

•I have the ability to go out and drink for many hours and feel great the next day as adults learn to pace themselves. No longer is it the time to get to a party and drink as fast as you can just to get drunk like you did when you were younger, well not always.

•But that being said those nights that you do go out till 3am and drink hard, your hang overs are so much worse. In your early 20’s you get over a hang over by the next afternoon following a greasy meal of course. In your late 20s you have 2 to 3 days of recovering from those nights out.

•Hate this one: Home buying shows and the food network are among some of my favorite. Wow can’t believe I admitted that, must be getting mature at 30.

•Before I do something stupid I actually stop and think, and then I do it, as opposed to just doing it.

•I have not had the change in volume for music still really loud, nor has my love for rock, heavy metal, or punk ceased to exist.

•I use to be mainly concerned about when/where the next party was, now the other day Tracy and I actually had a lengthy conversation about how much better front loading washers are for your clothing, your hydro bill and the environment.

As I think of more I will post them through out the month these were just a few off the top of my head.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Forgot to mention that ear hair your starting to get!!! Ha!