Monday, July 23, 2007

Cottage, Friends, cannons, booze and lots of laughs.
Well my 30th birthday was officially rung in with a bang and I have the video to prove it. It was a great weekend with surprise guests showing up everyday from Thursday to Saturday. Thanks to everyone that could make it, it was a lot of fun

Wednesday night was a nice and quite evening at the cottage just Tracy and myself. But being there the first night I had to try out my new potato cannon, hell that was one of the reasons I was there after all. I went with what was I thought would be an appropriate amount of fuel, 2 to 3 seconds. This amount would end up being way too much fuel to the point where our ears were ringing for an hour or so after.

The last time I had heard a bang that loud was in the firing range at Brinks while training with our weapons. So needless to say the cannon was dismantled quickly and put away and it was time to pretend that nothing happened. But the next day I would attempt it again with much less and it worked out to be the sound that I remember; a rush of air and a pop but not a loud bang.

The weekend continued with surprises of friends popping in each day which added to the enjoyment of the place but also to the amount of drink and effort to party. Each day we had special meals like BBQ fajitas that Tracy and I made, French toast by Alex and Kerri, burgers and corn by Spilly, and a great brunch by Ivan Sunday.

We did a great deal of swimming, lounging, and partying. I believe the earliest evening ended around 1am and the latest was completed with a fireside dance party with Julie, Joey and myself at 4am. This was followed with my self arguing at high volume with the water cooler as it was not working. I almost had some good advice from Andrew but it turned into him telling me the problem was that I was still wearing pants which I couldn’t figure out how that wasn’t helping the situation.

By Sunday and 4 days of drinking I was ready to recover and spent the day swimming and paddling try to work out all the kinks and sweat out some of that booze.

Also I posted a pic of the beer butt chicken that we cooked the sat before we left. It was awesome and unfortunately I didn’t have time to add a really good pic of it but it gives you the idea.

Now that I am back and the excitement of my 30th birthday is over it is time to recover get back into the tour, train, and then off to Joey’s wedding this weekend which should be quite the fun party. But Saturday is also one of the best time trials of the tour so Tracy and I have already figured we will be searching for a TV to get updates at the Golf club that the reception is at.
I will add more pics of the weekend when I can

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's a bird, it's a plane, no it's a potato!!!