First not really something that important but I have listened to ‘Hey There Delilah’ by the Plain White Ts about 30 times in the past two weeks. I really like the song the rest of their stuff is a little to poppy for me so I can’t really get into it. My predication this is the only "big hit" they have and they will slowly fade away. This weekend my parents, Tracy and I will be making beer butt chicken and BBQ ribs. Rather anxious to attempt to make the chicken as it is our first time cooking a bird this way. I am not sure why but there is something appetizing about a tall can up the rear end of a chicken on a Q. But all jokes aside the flavor is supposed to be amazing so we will have to wait and see.
The tour is rolling along well and is extremely interesting with so many rookie riders there have been many crashes. Hate seeing some one go out of the race especially bc of a novice rider throwing a musette (feed) bag improperly and it gets stuck in the riders tire behind him. And something not seen often was a sprint by the yellow jersey holder, Fabian Cancellara, to keep his jersey which is not seen that often. Usually this is done by his protectors, but do to a crash late in the stage, Fabian, had to take the bull by the horns and save the time by sprinting himself across.
My riders are in the top portion of the pack but will have to do some work in the mountains. The leader only has a gap of +33sec going into the mountains tomorrow and will probably not be able to hold onto that lead as the king of the mountains will come out and leave the peloton behind. If you are going to watch any of the tour, tomorrow is a must see. All hard climbs the next couple stages. Still amazed by these guys 5 to 6 hours of ridging and speeds of 45 to 55 km/hour and their heart rate is at a comfortable 150 BPM rather amazing.
Many journalists dub the tour a very fitting name "The tour de suffering". Suffering in your passion is what it is all about. It keeps making you push to the next level of your ability and you get your "runners high" which is the release of endorphins into your body "occurs when strenuous exercise takes a person over a threshold that activates endorphin production" and some scientist say it is merely from the completion of a challenge either way it is great feeling.
Today marked 200reps. Half way through thought I was going to vomit but switched gears and motored through to actually complete it in the same time I did the 150 at 8m and 30secs. Felt good after though I was able to rebound quickly and go for my run not long after. This was how it broke down;
20 strict pull-ups + 40 Deadlifts @ 65lbs + 30 Floor wipers @ 45lbs + 30 Push-ups + 25 Power Jumps + 35 Front squats @ 40lbs + 20 Pull-ups
This means I am attempting the 300 as of Tuesday or Wednesday of next week, which was my goal.
Thanks to my dad handing me a beer I did not think that Iwas going to like last weekend I now have a cheap beer that I would by from time to time like at a cottage or camping. Carling in cans. 29.50 for a case not too bad and it actually has a clean crisp lager taste that dosen’t taste like can or water. Thanks Dad.
No comments:
Post a Comment