Friday, August 17, 2007

Dictators aplenty

Wow we still have another year and a half of Bush and presidential hopefuls attacking one another. Now we all know and realize that 51% of the US citizen’s are dolts. Why? Because they voted in the goofy child president. A major part of that percentage is the people that ‘have’ great wealth. As Bush himself said at an $800 a plate dinner "This is an impressive crowd - the haves and the have-mores," he went on with "Some people call you the elites; I call you my base."

The crowd chuckled and grinned with great gluttony, trying to be sure not to laugh too hard as to jeopardize recent 'elective' surgery. Those who missed the comment were most likely phoning their driver outside to be sure the car kept running as the NY city air was cool that night in October. Then again they may have felt the chill in the air from the ice that filled the cavity where President Bush’s heart ought to be.

The other part of that percentage are the ‘rednecks’ and those people with the same mentality that defend the second amendment -‘the right to bear arms’. Now dolt refers to a stupid person. I love using the word for situations like these it sums up people very well. But in this case -where millions of dolts voted for a dictator- it just doesn’t seem to define a people. So I looked dolt up and here are all of its synonyms;

airhead*, ass, blockhead*, bobby, boob*, chump*, clod, dimwit*, dodo*, dope, dork*, dumbbell*, dumdum*, dunce, fool, goon*, idiot, ignoramus, lamebrain*, lunkhead*, meathead*, nitwit*, oaf, sap*, simpleton, stupe, yo-yo*

Now that is what I call descriptive and really gives you the idea of what some of these people are.

Why do I talk about this often? Why did I take Political Science in university as a minor? Why do I even care when nothing much seems to happen? Some would say it is just something to bitch and moan about. But that is not the fact. I do not bash Bush or speak of politics because it is something to do. I do it because it interests me and I educate myself with it day in and day out to have my very own opinion and hopefully not be swayed by propaganda or fear mongering.


Maybe that was why Bush was voted in. These people didn’t have a strong enough opinion and went with the masses. I mean why is there polling for everything in the US? It is to give people a sense of comfort knowing that they are not the only one that feels a certain way. Come on! You need a poll to help with you make a decision or to strengthen your beliefs? Read the paper, research online and after finding the facts on all sides of the issues, make your own educated decision. And the beauty is that these people only have to look as deep as required to make a good decision, they don’t have to research things to death.

Hugo Chavez, the president of Venezuela is seeking to change the Venezuela constitution. He proposes that the amount of time a president can stay in office and be reelected should be extended. He is also angling to remove autonomy from the Venezuela Central bank, to gain complete access to billions of dollars in foreign reserves. It seems that if these things were to be in place, Chavez would stand to be in office for several decades and would have access to an extremely large piggy bank that would no doubt fund a national protection agency (army) to protect his oil rich land. Now since he is close and admires Fidel Castro do you need a poll to tell you that this could be a problem?

But I also do it because somewhere deep down in my being, there is hope that ‘we’; the good, the patient, the honest and loyal young hearted citizens will have a positive and prosperous future, without it having to be at someone else’s -another country, or group of people- expense.

There are 9 circles of hell in the divine comedy. Dante travels through each circle finding all those sent to hell and what their perpetual punishment will be for their sins. Now in Bush’s case he fits into several categories and it would be extremely difficult to figure where he should end up. He may actually need a new circle created just for him. Then again Satan might just admire Bush and give him a seat right next to Hitler where they will undoubtedly fight for his praise and hope to be the next Cerberus.

No comments: