Saturday, September 29, 2007

Removing all meaning.

I was up at 530 this morning trying to get things ready for what should be, and already has been, an amazing weekend. Funny how I love the night and to be up late but the other part of me can not pass up the early morning hours when everyone is still sleeping and all is quite.

Early morning is probably my favorite time of the day. Someone ones said that it was the perfect time as the night animals were now in bed and the day animals had not gotten up yet. I like that idea and at 545 that statement could not be anymore correct. It is still the time of day when everything is calm, hell I didn’t even turn on CNN I really didn’t want to ruin the mood nor walk up anyone else in the house.

It is now a little later in the morning and people are beginning to stir. My silence will soon be broken as they wake and make there way into my pleasant little world. Since I have heard the movement this morning’s news was the first thing I can think of. And of course as most days I become annoyed. But I have promised myself to let things go.

So I will only speak a little bit about something I am skeptical of.

When the meaning of something -especially something that means a great deal to you- is removed, you are left feeling like something was taken away from you. When each of us reads a book we begin to create our own personal images to the scenes that are depicted within the context of the book. We create these images and no ones else will see the book the same way that our personal imagination will.

Why do I bring this up? Well I so a trailer that I sort of wish I would have never send. The trailer is for an up coming movie bearing the same name of the book that it is based on; “Into the Wild”. This was by far one of my favorite wilderness adventure books with a mix of personal exploration.

The main character, Christopher McCandless, is a depressive loaner who seeks the adventure of surviving in the middle or no where with no help from modern society. He donates his entire savings after university to a charity and hitch hikes his way north to Alaska. He burns the rest of his pocket money and personal identification and makes his way on foot to the famous bus on the Stampede Trail.

I will not give anything away and I recommend that you read this book it is a short read but contains an amazing and inspiring story. And if you plan on seeing the movie I HIGHLY recommend reading the book first. Reason being the book and Christopher’s story deserves it. I know some people make movies today bc they still believe in the story but not many and I doubt that Vince Vaughn is one of them.

So I leave it up to you. I hope that they pay tribute to Chris with this movie but I hold my judgment on that. Not sure if I will ever know bc I doubt that I will ever seek to watch this movie. I would just be very disappointed if the movie was so Hollywood -which the preview is already suggesting they did- and that it ruined what the book was for me. If I do end up seeing it, it will be with an open mind but a critical eye.

All in all have a great fall weekend as it should be a perfect one. No matter what you have planned or have to do this weekend get out there and enjoy it.

No comments: