Friday, October 5, 2007

Life.

Life is that thing that gets in the way of having a good time. Maybe it is reality that gets in the way. Tracy and I had an amazing first anniversary at the always beautiful Mont Tremblant. I was able to make an awesome meal -the whole thing is on Tracy’s blog if you want to see it in detail- that tested some of my self-culinary education -or lack thereof. Along with the feast we were treated to some very nice wines that we had received from our wedding as gifts and that had to be stored for a year or more.

We were able to enjoy cafes, the shops along the pedestrian village. Had a few delicious micro-brews at La Diablo, the meal not so much, it honestly takes longer to properly pour a Guinness (~5mins) then it took for our meal to be prepared and served to us. We literally placed our order the bartender punched it in and within maybe 5 minutes it was in front of us. Made for a good laugh though.

The condo I rented was directly at the base of the mountain and at the hub of the entertainment. It was a huge condo/suite with a loft kitchen large bath and so on. The fall colors were in full glory and were amazing. The only thing that we wish we would have had was our mountain bikes as the weather and the trails were calling for it. Long sections of single track probably some great drops and stellar jumps. This brought out the idea that this might have to be done next season. Go back alone and ride or pack the condo with some people party and ride would make for a great weekend either way and cheap as the price for the condo was more then half off per night then in ski season -I love a good deal.

The life thing is just the fact that you remove yourself from society for a few days and you are in awe of everything around you and then you come back and remember all those things that you have to do. But the great thing is, is that you get to come back refreshed and apply yourself to the task at hand. This is what I have been doing all week applying myself to my task at hand, which is finishing my last semester of school.

But I will also be posting a few blogs in the next few days that I was working on before and one new one. One is about the death of punk music which a lot of people are not aware that this death was a lot farther back then you think. The new “punk” bands are pretending to be punk bands and what is considered to be good punk today is garbage.

The second blog is about commercialization and education. Why? Ottawa U states that it is a not for profit organization, HA! Where is Edna krabappel when you need her, which is complete BS, and they have just recently removed 6 to 8 computer workstations in the LIBRARY to install wait for it, wait for it, a second cup coffee bar. That is all I will tell you for now.

So I am back refreshed and ready to work. For now enjoy your thanksgiving weekend and I hope that you all enjoy the turkey and cranberry sauce, bc I know that I will be.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Reminder: this year (at your request) I am reminding you to stick to one spoonful of that heavenly potato/hashbrown brunch dish!

Who knew a plateful of hashbrowns, sour cream, cheese, cream of mushroom soup with a half lbs of bacon on the side would cause massive digestive problems :)

Unknown said...

Yeah thanks I almost forgot. Thus the reason why I think I will be sticking to my favorite all weekend; turkey and my ultimate favorite cranberry sauce.

Of course there will be a beer or two I assume but as far as I know they only help with digestion you know 95% water...