Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Back to work

Well I have not written any blogs lately as for one Tracy and I have been enjoying some time off without me having to think of even touching a book or the computer to write a paper or do research. The second reason is that our laptop crapped out last week and will not turn on what-so-ever. I believe that it is the battery that will not hold the charge anymore not sure what that will end up costing me but I am not in a rush to get it done.

Yesterday marked the first day back at work in over three years that I don’t have to think about going back to school or that it is merely a summer job. Trying to get in the groove isn’t hard since I am back at the same spot and with the same people which makes it nice. And with Christmas next week I work my first week back and then off for a week to enjoy the festivities -can’t complain about that.

Another great bonus is the record snowfall of 37cm in one day Sunday it was amazing. Hopefully the upcoming rain on the weekend is not going to happen and if it does hopefully not enough to reduce the base that we presently have, and with the 70+cm we have I doubt that a little rain will remove much of it as it would take a lot more then that. I had some great pics of Tracy and I out there on Sunday but no computer at home means that I have to do this elsewhere and can not load my pics.

Sad thing about this snowfall was that people who did not have to go out should not have. During several walks throughout the day Sunday, we witnessed many people that could not control their cars or were stuck and needed to be push out. -pushing people out something that at this time of year I seem to be doing all the time. But some people just had to go out mainly for work. If there was no major reason to go then why leave?

Anyway there were a few deaths yesterday two of which were women; one hit by a plow as she was fixing a windshield wiper, while her small children waited in the vehicle, and the second was from a crash that resulted in the vehicle being rapped around a pole. Both extremely sad stories. I have not had a chance to find out yet if they were on their way to work or something with a significant reason. Regardless very sad and a reminder to us all not to take any chances and if you don’t have to go out when you know it is supposed to snow 30+cm and every second car is either snowed in or stuck spinning tires, then don’t bother.

No comments: