Friday, February 22, 2008

Devil’s Playground.

I had to post this video, not b/c of the video, but actually the song.

I was never really a big fan of Billy Idol when I was a kid but his classics remained just that as he tweaked his sound according to the times and genres that he belonged to. 2005 was no different as his sound was tweaked yet again resulting in Devil’s Playground.

The album has a great deal of punk to it with some heavier stuff mixed in while containing some of Billy's old sound as well. The three songs that stand out for me the most are Romeo's Waiting, Super Overdrive and of course Scream the video I have posted. If you wish to you can listen to the other samples here;

The other reason I have listened to this song, among others, about 20 times so far today is b/c Tracy and I have purchased our tickets to Europe in late summer early fall and I am really stoked. We will be spending a little over two and a half weeks in France, Switzerland, Italy and possibly Germany. The main purpose will consist of a 7 day trek of the Mont Blanc circuit.

Essentially we will be circumnavigating Europe’s highest peak (Mont Blanc) crossing from France, into Italy, then Switzerland and then returning to Chamonix, France. Throughout this hike we will see the valley’s and country side of all three countries involved as well as cross several passes of 7, 8 and 9000ft in elevation while we hike hut to hut. There will also be opportunities to be close to, and possibly on, some of the glaciers in the area.

Of course we look forward to partaking in the local fare including foods (French cheeses, breads and wine, Italian dinning, Switzerland’s chocolate…), more wines, and ales -obviously. After the hike is completed we will have the rest of the time to relax see some sites like Zermatt (The Matterhorn), Geneva, Chamonix, Paris and hopefully make it to Germany if time allows.

Once recovered from the trek we will most likely do some day hikes into the mountains and possibly some mountain biking. I would hope to be able to ski once in the Alps if possible as that would be one of the most amazing experiences of all. Now just have to save the money to go -well I guess I know where that nice tax return is going.

We are extremely stoked for this trip and are counting down the days

2 comments:

SBP said...

That sounds like an awesome trip, hope you'll have a good time!

Anonymous said...

I just re-read my comments on your Jan 2008 post about our hopeful Kili trek. I guess I just couldn't get the MBT out of my mind..."this TRIP is FREAKIN' SWEET!" a la Peter Griffin.