-With over 30cm coming today I can’t wait to ski this weekend and there was nothing else I could do but post another ski trailer. This was film was made in 2005 by Teton Gravity Research. These guys are truly amazing at what they do and have completely no fear while doing so. Enjoy.
-Well it looks to me like my vote -if I were allowed to- would be for Mr. Obama. I have been keeping up a great deal with blogs, candidate’s websites, CNN, other articles and finally the debates. He just seems to have a great mind built for politics. He is a young intelligent lawyer and in these elections more often then not the president is pushing retirement age but with a young Barrack (46) this is not the case.
Most areas he seems to be superior then Hilary as he is not only coming up with “this is what I will do” but with options, alternatives and methods to complete the objectives he proposes. Health care for example he seems to have a clear idea of what can and must be done. Removing troops from Iraq and better understanding of what it means to get them out in a timely fashion and so on. Of course these are still just campaign promises and what he would actually do in office could be quite a bit different.
Regardless I believe he was what it takes and who knows maybe Hillary will be his vice and then they can all have some pretty kick ass parties plenty of sax, sex and drugs. You know I would rather the US president to have some fun and be the caliber of Obama and the Clinton’s then what the republican’s have to offer any day.
-Two years ago Tracy and I and several of our friends started the too much fun club where we head to a condo and ski and party for a weekend in the Lake Placid area with Clarence of course. The other reason we picked a specific weekend was that a friend in the group has a buddy that is a Canadian Olympic freestyle ski jumper. Steve Omischl jumps for the world cup of skiing and Lake Placid is one of the events.
We meet Steve and had a couple beers with him and no sooner that he was out to see us he was off to bed early to rest for the next day’s jumps and we continued to party. He has had several unlucky years of jumping with injuries and low scoring jumps. But he was able to nail the gold last weekend and he will be one of our 2010 Vancouver games hopefuls. Congrats Steve.
Friday, February 1, 2008
The Tangerine Dream
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment