Monday, April 28, 2008

Long weekends.

I was able to get out and enjoy the beautiful weather during a long flex weekend with my wife as were both off Friday. Friday morning began with our long run for the week and were pleasantly surprised that the 16km run felt like -literally- like a walk in the park. With only three weeks till race day this is a great sign and that the speed and hill training is coming together.

The rest of the day was spent with pint size eating, pooping, screaming, sleeping and playing machines. We had the good fortune of baby sitting one nephew in the afternoon and then late afternoon made our way to Cornwall to be with my sister and her two boys; wow kids are busy!

Saturday was a great rest day filled with sun and Saturday night with a few beverages and friends to check out a new pub. Sunday morning I woke up stoked to get out and enjoy the trails. So within a half hour of waking we were off to Gatineau park to enjoy a hike to one of the cabins.

While out there I couldn’t help but think of my bike and how much I need to hit the trails. I have not had a chance to ride yet as I am nervous b/c I do not want to sacrifice the race and all the training I have done by taking a spill or decent crash.

While I wait to take my bike out and with the terrible weather we are supposed to get this week, I started looking into the new bike videos that have been released or that will be coming out in the near future. This will hopefully satisfy me until the race is complete and I can start tearing up the trails.

The video above is one I came across just the other day. Its release was in 2007 but the latest in the NWD line up. These guys are amazing and quite insane; enjoy

No comments: