Saturday, May 24, 2008

"Heart Governs The Application of Resources" - Mark Twight


It is exactly 2 hours and 30 mins to race time. Exactly 2 hours before I leave the house to make my way down to the start line. I am attempting to keep calm and conserve energy for when it is required. I have just had my last meal before the race which should allow for proper digestion while leaving me with enough energy for race time but to also feel slightly hungry, I always run better on an almost empty stomach. My snack consisted of 2 slices of locally made raisin bread lightly buttered. With a banana and a cup of joe.

Also with only a couple hours to go I am trying to keep water consumption to the minimum required. The worst thing with over hydration is obviously a cramp. The other is having to take a poorly timed bathroom break and on such a short race like the 10 those seconds would eat up my time. And since I have not mastered the run and tinkle quite yet I will continue to keep the water level low.

I feel that my training has done me well and will leave me with the ability to dig deep when required. Thanks to all those that have wished me good luck as it always helps and is greatly appreciated. Once the finishing times are posted on the website I will post them here. Now off to relax and wait for start time. Also if I don't have a chance to write before 9am tomorrow morning I want to say good luck to my wife Tracy in her half marathon tomorrow morning.

"Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body" -Unknown.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just saw your results on the race website, pretty impressive times for you both, I hope you guys had a great time doing it!

Unknown said...

Thanks Stan it was a great weekend. There will be a blog that will follow.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.