Thursday, July 10, 2008

Funishment!

The rosary stop watch something to live by. I am in a much better mood now then I was when I wrote the first blog this morning (Unacceptable). Of course I still believe and stand for everything I said I am just feeling better as I kicked my ass on lunch with some crossfit. It is always there to break me down and from that I always come out stronger and better.

Since I was in a foul mood I thought that I would do a circuit for as many rounds in 20mins. After some warming up with Bis and tris I got in to this little beauty;
15 Chins
20 ab mat sit-ups
10 24" box jumps
10 Push and press @ 85lbs

Now on paper it doesn’t look overly hard but I am not sure if it was a little bit of fatigue I had from not the nest sleep last night or just that it was a good workout I could only get 7 rounds in 20mins. I am still happy with that mind you, but thought I could have squeezed out more. B/c of the lack of sleep and b/c I am in a good mood I will chalk it up to it was all due to the bad nights rest.

Tracy is still getting her knee back to 100% so is slightly limited on movements but this in one WOD that she is enjoying and was what she did today.

After a bi/tri warm-up she completed 5 Rounds of
20 pushups
20 DB snatches (10 each arm) 7.5lbs
5 chins
20 Swiss Ball crunches @ 10lbs

Only after a week and a half of starting crossfit training, she is asking for more and for it to be harder. Guess it is time to turn on the funishment!
(Thanks for the great word Katie.)

Tonight will be a long run around 14km as I am still hoping to do that 10k in August and beat my time. My training for that has been less then ideal so we will see.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Forts, don't thank me... thank Jerry... and his T-shirt... :)

Diarist said...

Damn..I've got my first 10k in the morning..I run like a fat boy in lead shoes too.