REST! Well kind of a rest day, I hat not doing something. The pic was from a hike on a volcano (El Misti) in Peru, amazing trip.Completely FUBAR’ed at the moment and today was a much needed rest day from the gym and running. It isn’t a total rest day though as I will be hiking for a couple hours tonight out in the Gats as the training needs to keep going. I hope to keep it relaxed for the most part but am sure that the pace will be rather quick as we can not hike any other way.
Tomorrow or Sunday will be the "Warriors Never Die" WOD and am looking forward to some severe ‘funishment’. I have also read a great deal about Marine Corps Major Doug Zembiec and have gained a great deal of respect for the man. I will also be ordering the book, No True Glory: A Front-line Account of the Battle of Fallujah by Bing West, which outlines Major Zembiec’s actions in Operation Vigilant Resolve.
I will be sure to write a short piece on the Major after the workout as well as for some of our Canadian soldiers that I have followed many of their stories. I had meant to write about a few of them in the past few months but it is a tricky thing to do properly and didn’t want to mess it up. I still try to follow soldier’s stories but many times it is hard to get accurate and substantial information.
Now for something a little lighter I posted this video as even though I have already written a blog today, I thought that since it is the weekend I would add something that makes me laugh all the time not just "60% of the time." The first one is by far one of the funniest. Some of the best from Anchorman, enjoy!
1 comment:
Forts, you've been busy! Good luck with the Lion of Fallujah. It's a doozy. :)
Post a Comment