Wednesday, July 23, 2008

LION!

Lots to write about lately with many big and little stories in the news and been very busy at home with the move to our first house next week, the up coming trip to Europe and with training. I have a couple things that will be posted over the next couple of days. For now here is my WOD.

It was a great workout today much better then yesterday and I think b/c I was a little disappointed with my training yesterday I pushed myself extra hard today.

Warm-up - leg press, Squat work and Arnold press.

Then WOD – Lion – with one alternate on the back squat and 95lbs instead of 75 as I wanted to punish myself just a little more. As Crossfit Regina states "This is similar to the Tiger, but with less reps, meaning we'll be getting more rounds! BRING IT ON!"
AMRAP in 20mins;
1 Power clean 95lbs
2 Front Squat 95lbs
3 Push Jerk 95lbs
4 Dead lifts 95lbs *instead of squats as I had already done them.
Very happy with this as I did 20 rds + 1 Power clean and 2 Front S.
Then 3 rounds of (increasing weight each rd)
Lateral shoulder raises 10, 8, 8.
DB Narrow dead lifts 10, 8, 8.
Rope Crunches 15, 10, 10.

Tired but ready for a hike tonight if the weather holds out, as a little rain wouldn’t be too bad but torrential downpour would not be great

2 comments:

Katie said...

ROAR! Tehe.. :) Nicely done! Can't wait to hit this one sometime...

Robin said...

Nice job on the Lion, I'm glad that you like our workouts. :)