Our collective mood, even for us humans, appears to be unusually tense. It’s as if everyone is waiting for something big to fall in place, and possibly crush us all in the process. I suppose there is always an air of tension that never ceases to exist in the ‘new world’. Although the latter is true there are catalysts anywhere you look and the smallest ember could ignite fires at any time.One major theme at present is the ever deprived and animated arena of political ELECTIONS. That’s right its crunch time and you better be sure too vote for the person regardless if it will be a loss. One election has been in the making for over three years only to have a president incumbent in January 09’.
The major shift in the US election has been Obama losing grip on the Hillary (female) voters. Why the shift? The announcement of McCain’s newly appointed running mate, Governor Palin. For obvious reasons; she is a female, well at least at first glance she looks like a female but if we pull back the cloak and go a little further you may be frightened to no what lies beneath.
Palin is a considerable piece of work; ‘work’ is probably not the right word I wanted there. Anyway at first glimpse we see a mother of many, a governor, and a woman of the northern people. Then we notice there is a true right wing that would rather see animals, like polar bears, endangered then to lose oil excavation from Alaska.
But right wing isn’t where it stops no, NO! Cerberus is the three headed bitch of hell and will remain in Hades as it is quite content at its post. Palin on the other hand, if my research and study of her practices are accurate, I believe is a direct descendent of Echidna the "Mother of All Monsters". This endows her with great power over those she deems fit and possibly eats their flesh –but that is still under review. Palin sits at an Elk bone table and matching chair while she feasts on the meat of a freshly killed bear and writes speeches about how to educate others that marriage can only be between a man and a woman.
During the evenings by a pleasant fire sitting Indian style on the fresh bear skin rug, her children are regaled by the stories their mother wields. Many times it is about her beliefs that rape victims or unfortunate women, who have had troubles, should not have the ability to make their own choice on abortion so that they will have to keep their baby as a reminder of their horrible experience. And of course the story will end with "because that is the Christian-American way!"
The next morning she was seen rising from her crypt (as my source stated) and arrived at a local airport to charter a plane to promote her policy for humans to have the ability to hunt wolves from low flying planes. Along with her other views previously mentioned this again is a noble and just practice as we all know that wolves, if hunted from the ground, could pose as an arduous, lengthy and dangerous endeavour.
As a descendent of Echidna she must be making the blood line proud in her human form as a true rightwing hick mad woman who shines her laminated NRA lifetime membership card any chance she can. But the move to Washington will be hard. I mean what will an Alaskan woman with the genealogy of the Greek mother to all monsters and of her stature do for sport killing in the big city?
Maybe the less fortunate should be warned and told to look out for a fire eyed half women half serpent carrying a gas operated Colt Carbine, 5.56 mm, M4 automatic assault rifle. Hunting the poor of Washington while in office seems about right. The heads of her victims will no doubt be trophies placed above her desk as a reminder of her power while writing ideas for foreign policies that include words like spread of democracy and freedom, to be dealt out by the hands of US military.
Regardless; if my sources are wrong then she is merely a conservative Christian, who is passionate about her beliefs. Is this a bad thing? Not if you are a sheepish conservative that doesn’t mind being lead by ‘dictators’ in a country that states they are free and patriotic. Just make sure you don’t question your leader as that is completely unpatriotic, even though there is some sort of document that was written a long time ago stating something along the lines of ‘right to question ones government.’ Hmmm where did the freedoms go?
Regardless again; whomever McCain appointed it was necessary for him to appoint a woman. I am sure that he never wanted a female running mate but his advisors informed him that the female vote was more important and once in office she could be placed on menial tasks installing "bridges to nowhere" for example. With the idea of McCain obviously being more of the same, I can’t stop thinking of something, 1972 presidential hopeful, George McGovern said; "I'm fed up to the ears with old men dreaming up wars for young men to die in."
VOTE DEMOCRATE. You know what not even that the U.S., and the west for that matter, require good, honest, true people who don’t sell out, have hidden agendas, are hell bent on spreading ‘democracy’ and ‘freedom’ that is merely a cover for financial or other gains. We will probably never see that happen and that is how politics has become; the sheep head to the polls and never buck the system for the better as the oppressors truly have utter control.
A second election doesn’t consist of any real interesting characters and the outcome is rather predictable and regardless uneventful. I will give it as much time as it deserves. The process itself is no more then a lunchtime quickie. Ready, Set, Go…call an election, campaign, set-up tasteless and cheesy campaign ads, hold a debate, complete interviews, hold the election and BLAM! Another Prime Minister in office within a month and a half. Now that is impressive.
This sudden dash to the polls has many believing it will finally end in a majority government (conservatives). I personally don’t think this will happen. It is entirely possible that I will be wrong but to be brutally honest I really don’t see it happening as there are far too many people that will continue to vote for Liberals or will through their votes away on the Green party. Don’t get me wrong I think their ideas on the environment would be applauded but they are simply a one issue party.
The NDP on the other hand seem to be getting it together. Wow can’t believe I just said that, guess I need to really think about this vote, even though it won’t matter in the end. *Funny thing check out the Canadian libertarian parties 7th platform (whom I am slight supporter of except it might not be the complete answer we need) looks like I would be out of a job.
9 comments:
I find Palin to be an utterly charmless human being.
Her bronze-age views on human morality and her distrust of science in favour of myth make her an avidly dangerous choice for political office.
Her shabby handling of local politics in Alaska does not in the least surprise me either.
I vote as always for the candidate 'none of the above'..sigh
Forts, every vote counts! Remember Florida in 2000? Don't be complacent, vote!
Forts, this election worries me for many reasons... I feel like we're again at the "lesser of the two evils" arena...
Katie, I don't know you, but I see you are an American. Your comments about choosing from "the lesser of two evils" troubles me. Because to me, a Canadian who perhaps see things without a Rupert Murdoch filter, Barack Obama is far and away the best choice to become leader of the United States and signal the sign of change, for the better, to rest of the world. No one outside of the United States have any interest in seeing a McCain/Palin combination running the show. In fact, the BBC ran a poll and showed that the world, BY A 4 TO 1 MARGIN, want Obama to win.(here's the link to the article: http://www.worldpublicopinion.org/pipa/articles/home_page/533.php?nid=&id=&pnt=533&lb=)
And here are three reasons off the top of my head as to why:
- he wants health care to be more accessible
- he wants out of Iraq
- he want to give a tax break to the middle class, and increase taxes to those who can afford it, the rich making $250,000+ which sounds reasonable to me
The American press has done a wonderful job in confusing the American public in thinking he's Muslim (he's not, he's Christian, not that there's anything wrong with being Muslim as it doesn't mean automatically you're a terrorist) and he wants to raise everyone taxes (like I said, he just wants to raise the taxes on the rich which he should).
You (the United States, that is) have had the worst president run the show for the last 8 years, and voting McCain in would continue more of the same. Obama is your next JFK, your next Martin Luther King...this guy is someone truly special. Do yourself a favour, do your country a favour, and as a favour for the rest of the world, vote Obama, please!!!
SBP, as a teacher, I agree that there is a lot to like about Obama... one thing being that he wants to pay me more. :) I'm in favor of that... but, one of my big problems with him is Iraq. Being where I am (the nations capital) I have had the opportunity to interact with a lot of servicemen and women. As much as I dislike American men and women in Iraq, the ones I've spoken with, feel strongly that leaving Iraq right now would be a mistake. I have friends (imagine that!) in places with classified status and blah blah blah... they know things that would probably keep me awake for years... and I agree with their thoughts that if the US pulls out, the Middle East will be more a bloody mess than ever. I think Obama needs to find a happy medium, somewhere between complete withdrawl, and leaving everyone in. But until he can see that, I have a really hard time supporting him, although to be fair, I think the last thing this country needs is Palin and McCain. Another aging Republican who is out of touch with the majority of what is occurring in this country. As my pirate says, if we pull out of Iraq now, every friend of his that was killed, will be for not. The government of Iraq is not stable enough yet on its own.
I certainly am not smart enough to come up with a solution. But I know that pulling out quickly is going to make things worse for everyone. IMHO (which may not ammount to a whole whole lot)
Good points. Not being complacent BP just realistic. Plus FLA 2000 had nothing to do with voter turnout but corruption. Gore won that state by the votes but lost to the Bush bloodline as the brother/governor had to step in.
Katie, I'm glad to hear some of your thoughts on Obama and his plans for Iraq. I am very curious about the people you know who have served time there as well, because I was under the impression the majority of those serving don't see a reason to continue. The reason being that President Bush told the world Iraq needed to be invaded because there were weapons of mass destruction there and 9/11 & Iraq were linked. Both have since shown to be false. The reason for the invasion in hindsight was for oil, as a lot of the army personnel are now charged with guarding oil plants and Haliburton employees. Is this a worthy cause? Perhaps there is another reason you know of for Americans to be in Iraq? Blood for oil is not a fair price in my view, and I hope I don't seem facetious with my question. Perhaps there are some humanitarian reasons to continue to occupy Iraq? Because if that's why Iraq invaded (oil), I really do think the lives of the troops were lost for nothing, they were sent to die for the sake of the rich getting richer. This situation makes me think of Vietnam too...what was the point of that war? It seemed to be for the war machine to profit on death in the name of defeating "evil" communism. History repeating itself. FYI, I visited Obama's website and on it he outlined a plan that would see a gradual withdrawal of troops until 2010 to allow for the "transition" period. Perhaps that may convince you he's on the right track. But I'm glad to see that you seem to have an open mind about this election and won't blindly vote for one person over the other and you'll make an educated decision.
Forts, don't argue with me, just vote!
SBP, I will have to go check out his site, as I was under the impression, based on a few things I heard, that he wanted to pull out immediately. To be fair, I think he still needs to give it more time than 2010. I'm not 100% convinced the reasons for invading Iraq weren't wrong... although, to be fair, recent arguments with those who have been there make me feel as if maybe there are things I don't know... but anyway, I'm not 100% certain our reasons for invading were right, but I'm convinced that the reasons for staying are. And you are right... largely they are humanitarian... I'm going to type a long story (sorry Forts) told to me by such a friend, who has done 2 tours in Iraq... he is SF (special forces) and relayed this story to me...
As they were searching for insurgents, they hit a house they suspected to be housing one such person. When they entered, they found a mother and her two kids. The mother, who was protecting the two kids, had a large black and blue eye. When my friend when over to the woman and asked where "he" was, the woman said she didn't know and that he wasn't there (or something to that affect). My friend spoke to her in her language, and asked her how she got the bruise. When she didn't respond, he told her if she wanted that to stop, she would tell him. She turned around and ratted him out, and showed my friend to their hiding spot. These people live in constant fear. Of each other, the government... they need someone stable in charge. My friend told me that he went back to the house later. When they opened the school down the street, he walked the two kids to school and held the smallest girl's hand. He has told me that is his favorite story of anything he has done in Iraq. Mind you, my friend likes to blow stuff up... so to say that his favorite story involves no actual destruction, you know that it had to be powerful.
Another gentleman, whom I was attempting to date, has now done 3 tours in Iraq. He wrote to my 6th grade class, when I taught 6th grade 2 years ago... and allowed them to ask questions. He hated being away from his own kids, but he too thought that what they were doing was the right thing. He helped build schools, roads, bridges etc.
I can't speak for them, but I can share what they have told me....
Post a Comment