The ‘race’ is on. The biggest subject today is obviously the election and the possibility of a first ever black president or first female vice. Millions will head to the polls today to make a massive decision after two years of gruelling campaigning. Who will come out on top? Know one will know till the wee hours of Wednesday morning.
So with really no change in the events there is really nothing to update. Oh I will have my phone on just in case there is some sort of massive update that someone wants to share or talk about. You know like if Anderson Cooper parachutes into polling central and Wolf Blitzer’s head explodes with excitement. Ahhh CNN always good for going as overboard as possible.
My thoughts on this eventful and historic day reside with the place at hand, the USA. I am always hard on the U.S. and some of its citizens. Why? Because it frustrates me that privilege sometimes evolves to greed and excess. We have it all in North America and that doesn’t seem good enough for some of us.
Often when I think of the U.S. I think of the corrupt powers that be. The Enron’s, AIG’s Presidential frustration and White house follies. The higher crime rates, the lower then average health care and so on.
Other times when I think of the U.S. I remember those great people that I have met either traveling work or other means like blogging. The relationships with many people have been short, usually while traveling, but each one has been positive. Traveling in the U.S. also makes me think of my love for it geographically.
There is everything from world class skiing, mountain biking and hiking in desert landscapes (for Utah it is all in one stop, pictured above from a trip we did to Utah. Arches National Park and in the back the ever impressive La Sal mountains great skiing). The 14ers of the west coast, the Appalachian trail of the East. Yosemite and Death Valley of the West. The Gunks, presidential, and green mountains of the East. There is something for everyone when it comes to the outdoors and the activities that you chose to do there.
Although the negative factors will never go away especially not over night, when I think of Obama and like minded individuals I think of the possibility and the hope that positive change will be made. That there could be incentives for people that will allow them to receive better socio-economic support from their government. Having the ability to question their government with the chance that it would end in a positive note not a societal backlash. Internationally this could change the tide of the hate filled attention the U.S. receives from many people in other nations.
The aforementioned positive highlights are a tall order for anyone and will not come easy. I also think of the opportunity that if I was offered a job in the U.S. would I go?
My geographic answer would be yes, of course as long as that geographic location wasn’t Nebraska, sorry no offence but drove through it and there is nothing exciting to do outdoors except owning some cows of course. But never would I have moved due to the political control and failing social and economic spending.
But with possible change to come if I were asked to accept a job with an efficient and effective Democratic U.S. government, I think that geography would not be the only thing that would make me say yes.
It is now time to crack a beer or some other beverage that you may enjoy and take in the sights and sounds. So good luck to America and Mr. Obama and let’s all hope he and his staff will have the ability to make a positive difference.
So with really no change in the events there is really nothing to update. Oh I will have my phone on just in case there is some sort of massive update that someone wants to share or talk about. You know like if Anderson Cooper parachutes into polling central and Wolf Blitzer’s head explodes with excitement. Ahhh CNN always good for going as overboard as possible.
My thoughts on this eventful and historic day reside with the place at hand, the USA. I am always hard on the U.S. and some of its citizens. Why? Because it frustrates me that privilege sometimes evolves to greed and excess. We have it all in North America and that doesn’t seem good enough for some of us.
Often when I think of the U.S. I think of the corrupt powers that be. The Enron’s, AIG’s Presidential frustration and White house follies. The higher crime rates, the lower then average health care and so on.
Other times when I think of the U.S. I remember those great people that I have met either traveling work or other means like blogging. The relationships with many people have been short, usually while traveling, but each one has been positive. Traveling in the U.S. also makes me think of my love for it geographically.
There is everything from world class skiing, mountain biking and hiking in desert landscapes (for Utah it is all in one stop, pictured above from a trip we did to Utah. Arches National Park and in the back the ever impressive La Sal mountains great skiing). The 14ers of the west coast, the Appalachian trail of the East. Yosemite and Death Valley of the West. The Gunks, presidential, and green mountains of the East. There is something for everyone when it comes to the outdoors and the activities that you chose to do there.
Although the negative factors will never go away especially not over night, when I think of Obama and like minded individuals I think of the possibility and the hope that positive change will be made. That there could be incentives for people that will allow them to receive better socio-economic support from their government. Having the ability to question their government with the chance that it would end in a positive note not a societal backlash. Internationally this could change the tide of the hate filled attention the U.S. receives from many people in other nations.
The aforementioned positive highlights are a tall order for anyone and will not come easy. I also think of the opportunity that if I was offered a job in the U.S. would I go?
My geographic answer would be yes, of course as long as that geographic location wasn’t Nebraska, sorry no offence but drove through it and there is nothing exciting to do outdoors except owning some cows of course. But never would I have moved due to the political control and failing social and economic spending.
But with possible change to come if I were asked to accept a job with an efficient and effective Democratic U.S. government, I think that geography would not be the only thing that would make me say yes.
It is now time to crack a beer or some other beverage that you may enjoy and take in the sights and sounds. So good luck to America and Mr. Obama and let’s all hope he and his staff will have the ability to make a positive difference.
No comments:
Post a Comment