Sunday, March 29, 2009

Preparation.

The city of Vancouver is super busy getting prepared for the 2010 Olympic games. I would imagine that urban planners, contractors, city officials, Olympic coordinators and so on are all feeling the pressure and making sure that their check lists have been completed.

Things like buildings that have or need to be designed and built. Are there enough accommodations? Will the water and sewage handle the influx of people? Transportation issues are a major headache, which I have been told from a friend who grew up in Vancouver, that this has been an issue for regular daily travel as the city and, more importantly, its surrounding areas had not expected to grow as fast and as large as they did.

Not to mention all the prep on the mountains and surrounding areas to look clean and presentable. The mountain runs need to be designed. The courses for new games like snowboard and ski cross need to be figured out. All of these things need to be prepared and ready right down to the last details. I can’t even think of all the stuff they need to go through.

One thing I really hadn’t thought of but my friend from Vancouver told me to look into ones aspect that the coordinators and city officials did not overlook. So I did. And when I got my answer I could breathe a sigh of relief. You see the good people involved with the Vancouver 2010 games are truly thinking of everything, and I mean everything. They’re thinking of those who will be in Vancouver from the celebrities to the investors to the regular slobs. You see they just want the area to look clean, neat and tidy.

Now how do they accomplish this look? Well do all the above stuff I mentioned and one I didn’t; remove reality and truth so the view and visitor is not reminded of reality and thus does not have to think for themselves. You see these great people involved have figured out that if they charter a whole whack of buses and get a massive security detail they can round up all the cattle that line the streets. Oh sorry not cattle the homeless.

It is a perfect idea. You get some buses, get a bunch of cops together, grab some tasers and tear gas (just in case of course) hell throw in some cattle prods just for the fun of it because there is nothing like seeing a homeless person piss themselves when they get hit with 10,000 volts.

The comments from those involved including police officials have stated that these people will be offered space at area shelters. "We will not be engaging in any kind of social cleansing," Deputy Chief Sweeney said. Some will obviously not want to go and there will probably be a shortage of space so many will be sent to other areas off the grid, sort’a speak. Essentially this is a sort of ‘Homeless Relocation Program’ an HRP. And those involved with HRP could be named…oh got it; Citizens UNified Transfer Service (feel free to shorten that to an acronym).

But honestly why bother even offering them places to stay? I mean they are homeless people they’re kind of use to sleeping outside. Also, come to think of it, bullets are not that expensive. They mean nothing and contribute nothing to society. What have they done for us? And could you imagine if they would beg for money from the visitors of the Olympic games? Imagine those greedy, filth covered animals stinking of feces and mouth wash attempting to make money off this event. Or the idea that a visitor would have to look at one of these god awful people while riding the bus on the way to watch some figure skating? No that would just not do.

So thank you Citizens UNified Transfer Service (or CUNTS for short) thank god you are looking out for us respectable people and ensuring that those, man even thinking of calling them humans makes me sick, vagrants are taken care of

*Disclaimer: For those who may not know me well or are unsure of what sarcasm is, the preceding message was.

No comments: