Thursday, March 26, 2009

What to snack on?

I have been writing a few things but have been so busy at work that I just can’t seem to get anything finished. But I couldn’t let something go as I hear it every day on the radio and had to be sure that what I was hearing was actually, what I was hearing. Ok that was redundant for no reason. After some quick research (i.e. google) I found out that what I was hearing was actually…alright you get the idea, so here it is.

Have you ever had the feeling that your lunch was just not quite filling enough and a snack was required? Or let’s say it is 3pm and you had your lunch at, let’s say noon, now two hours have passed and that is a normal time to reach for some calories right? But wait what are you hungry for? What will quench that craving?

Ok so you could go to the fridge grab a yogurt, a fruit and some nuts. Or maybe a granola bar and fruit. Hard boiled eggs and crackers (hmmm love that one). Maybe if you are running in a couple hours some pretzels or a bagel. Crackers cheese and grapes…we are only limited by our imagination. But sometimes aren’t you just craving something with a little more oh I don’t know sustenance?

If you are then you will be happy to know that I have found it and am happy to present it here. For all those times you didn’t want to take the excruciating long time to think of and pack a snack in the morning, or forgot to throw a granola bar in your lunch bag, or didn’t want to buy some fruit or pretzels at a store or vending machine near or on the way to work, or maybe you just felt like leaving your office waiting for the elevator, taking a walk, waiting in line, placing an order, wanted to spend extra money, wait for your snack to be prepared, grab some condiments, walk back to your work, wait for the elevator (b/c god forbid you take the stairs you know you could have a heart attack walking up all those flights) return to your office and finally sit down and then remove the cylinder shaped object from the bag all shrink wrapped in plastic, and finally sink your teeth into….wait for it…THE NEW MAC SNACK WRAP.

Yes MCFU*KS have created a snack on the go for all those on the go people who just don’t have time to grab a granola bar (insert prepared snack of your choice) and have more time to run into mcd’s and get some good old meat and special sauce as a snack. Not that we don’t eat enough meat or crap in our diet as it is, although there probably is no real meat in this thing and still that isn't the point we shouldn't eat from this crap factory at anytime for any reason, we might as well add it to our snacks as well. Why don’t they just get to the point and change their tagline to

"If smoking won’t kill you we will do our best to" or "If you are unsure what fat and unhealthy really is, come and dine with us"


1 comment:

Fitness Foodie said...

Well the Chicken Mc Snack Wrap has 320 cal (130 from fat), 15g of fat, 4.5g saturated fat, 750g of sodium, and 4g sugars. I can only imagine with the beef and added special sauce what kind of nutritional values we are looking at here. (A big mac is 540 cal with 29g of fat!). Seriously - a snack!!!