Stealing a form from SBP since I have been off for so long I thought that I would post a few updates and thoughts;- In recent months it seems that time is just flying by. I really wouldn’t mind creating a time machine, not to travel back and forth, just to for pause or slow mode. A great deal of my time has been training for the up coming Ottawa race weekend half marathon.
With obtaining my goal of a 45 minute 10K last year, I original though of going for a sub 45 but have decided that I wanted the extra distance. The training has also rendered me back at the chiro’s office as well as getting some sports massage therapy. The clinic I go to do wonders for my injuries and with some rest and ice I seem to be back to form and hope it didn’t set me back all that much.
- I have also been working on a green committee at work with a couple colleagues while also attempting to write a green article for the green section of our bimonthly newsletter that circulates throughout the bank. Once it has been edited by the chief editor I will be sure to post it.
- While passing the pro-choice protestors that line the street directly across from an abortion clinic near my building, I have been asking myself how long it will take before I make a comment. All I want to ask is; why they are such fair weather protestors? I agree with freedom of protest (except what they are attempting to do which is remove other people’s choice based on a bogus religion, so the whole idea is wrong) but it seems funny that on the cold or snowy days there was maybe 2 to 4 protestors and I am being generous. But now that the nicer weather is here they are out in one big massive heard of close minded, brainwashed catholic mindless fanatics. When I saw them approach a 15 year old girl to ‘talk’ you know these people need to be stopped…or maybe they should save their own lives by getting one.
- Politically I am not shocked at all those individuals who are asking "why hasn’t Barack fixed the world yet?" Also I am not super shocked that he is more conservative then most figured he would be. One does hope that he gets the full eight years as it is obvious that four years is only enough time to decent damage, and it takes a greater amount of time to do good.
Oh and speaking of this subject, I really hope one day I can become a CEO of some major corporation so I can drive the behemoth directly into the ground while watching all those parish along the way and wait for that final gasp of air as its limp figure thuds against the pavement face first, only to be given a bonus from a ‘stimulus’ program and asked to fix what I already fucked up. And then what I would do, and this is just me, I would ride that dwarfed company right back up to the heavens, receive the praise of being a financial and enterprising guru, and then proceed to drive that son of a bitch right back down again, because kids if history tells us anything is that we reward incompetence; reference Bush 2004, Merrill Lynch's Stan O'Neal, NHL teams who get a point for overtime, or lets face it, society as a whole. A little less patting on the back and a little more kick in the ass is needed. We are getting soft on one another excuses are simply a simple way of avoiding the truth.
- I am getting uber stoked for my upcoming trip to Europe. While in school I was able to travel to Peru, the first spring, and then Mexico for my honeymoon, which is now three years ago. So it will be really exciting to get on a plane, trek and sleep in the alps (which just look amazing and I am sure the pictures don’t do any justice), stay in mountaineering and trekking capitals like Chamonix in France and Courmayeur in Italy. Finally we will see some major cities including Paris, Venice, and Rome to name a few. Can’t wait!
This trip also requires a great deal of training and preparation. I have been throwing crossfit back into my regular routine on a weekly basis. Utilizing a great deal of the movements with the repetitions and pace is ideal for our 7 day trek through the Alps.
- While thinking of the trip, we were watching one of our new favourite channels RUSH (HD). They showcase high adrenaline travel, sports and so on. They have a series of episodes that showcases pro-big mountain skiers’ base jumping sometimes with pro base jumpers. The other night they were in Chamonix France. It was interesting to see the area we will be in but more interesting is that there are no official rules agents base jumping in Europe so there is greater range and what better range would you want then skiing off a cliff and opening a chute? This show has sparked the question of; when are we going to go skydiving? The itch is getting stronger and I am hoping for summer of 2010 or 2011 in the latest. Here are some clips from the show.
- I am also working on a separate blog with a different spin. This was also another reason why this blog has been put on hold slightly.
More here then expected…I shall return.
3 comments:
You bet we have patiently been waiting for this long overdue trip, I am getting more and more stoked as the days go by, but my pocket book is starting to look pretty thin the more huts we book. I think having hotdogs/sausages and burgers 4 days in a row now is a good indication of this.
That was a lot Forts! Sounds like you really have a lot going on! I'm glad to see you putting CF back into the mix.
I could drive a corporation to the ground free of charge, nothing like getting paid millions of dollars to reward incompetency!!!
Post a Comment