
Meeting my time for the 10 last year I decided to tackle the half marathon, 21K, and although I had a week off of training from an injury and another from a slight cold, my training is coming together. I have 3 more weeks of speed training as I finished hills last week and started speed this past week. It is amazing what proper training will do as yesterday I ran my 18km run and from all the weeks of increasing by 2 km and then going back down I was moving rather quick right till the last K. Mind you my legs were finished after but that is expected after running 18km, close to race pace.
I love cult films and find they are far superior to the crap that comes form the mainstream Hollywood, think that is why I prefer shows like Sopranos over movies as well. Anyway a great portion of cult films are Horror and slasher flicks. I enjoy both genres based on a decent story and/or unique story (the grind house collection for example) and the ones that are truly well done and watching a director get better and of course the ones with a decent amount of cheese that just makes it entertaining (especially the 70’s and 80’s stuff).
Now as far as progression; Rob Zombie. He started with House of a 1000 Corpses and I must admit I was not expecting much but was hoping there would be something there and there wasn’t. Then I was blown away by the jump he made in Devil’s rejects just amazing movie, really well done. Then came his Halloween remake and again the progression was there a terrific movie, not to mention his wife Sherri Moon Zombie’s progression as an actor.
So I have been downloading a great deal of these types of movies from Night of the living dead 1968 to Dead Air 2008 (featuring a Zombie cast member, Bill Moseley who was great in TDR). Great site for everything evil and scary http://www.horror-movies.ca/ just don’t get caught watching trailers of horror movies at work, it is difficult to explain why you are watching Zombies killing humans and so on…The pic above is from High Tension a remake from an earlier French slasher film. High Tension pays homage to the 70’s films as well.
Some fun at work. A great prank for your colleague, in my case my supervisor, use clear packing tap and tape the top portion of their receiver to the base of the phone. I could not stop laughing this morning as I watched the phone almost fly across the room and miscellaneous items being strewn about during the chaos. Good thing he has a sense of humour…it was also pay back for a few things he had done to me.
1 comment:
My boss has no sense of humor, I'd be out on my arse in a heartbeat!!
You've gotta love a good zombie flick however! I recently watched again 'Re-animator' I remembered it as a great movie at the time, but its in serious need of some TLC.
Post a Comment