6:10AM: wake up and shower.
6:45AM: Breakfast; Sesame bagel peanut butter, honey and banana. One cup of coffee and 10oz of water.
7:00AM: Stretch, pack, listen to music and go through mental prep until;
8:30: Depart for start line.
This is what my morning has looked like (it is now 7:15) and how it will continue from here on out. It has been a long 16 week training program with injuries (one of which flared up last Tuesday rendering me out of commission for the last week of training...lovely), illness early in the training and all the other aches and pains that come from the fun training. But overall it has felt great and I believe that I am ready.
It is my first attempt at the half marathon and it should be an interesting experience to say the least. I have a time but as usual it is something that I cannot say out loud for fear of a jinx (this is the only thing I seem to be superstitious of). I will say that anything above 1H 50Min, I won’t be entirely happy.
Well back to stretching and prep, so good luck to all those running today the weather looks perfect cool but sunny, and those in the marathon that started about 20 minutes ago, I hope it is going well.
5 comments:
congrats on your race Marc, you did great D /R
Just saw your chip time, great work sir! Glad you were able to overcome the injuries and put up a commendable number. I hope you feel proud for what you've accomplished today.
Thanks for all the text and messages of support I received from everyone yesterday. Thanks D & R for coming up and all the support. And thanks Stan for the comment. For my first half I got a time within in the time I was shooting for and learnt a great deal for next year’s attempt. And thanks for the help from my trainer who will be out there again herself next year...
That's some nice work there, Forts!
Congrats Marc we ar proud of you.
L From Syracuse
Post a Comment