Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Politics and support.

2008 presidential race is getting interesting. In every election year there are controversies, but what makes this year interesting are the obvious, first Bush can’t run YES!!! Thank you God almighty. I can’t believe we made it through all these terrifying years with the goofy child president at the helm.

The other two obvious things are the early talk in 2006, about Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama. Both scored extremely high in the polls resulting in a nation, scratch that, world-wide question of; Could the next US president be a female or black man? This is huge and probably one of the more over shadowing stories in the election.

I am not against a female or African American president whatsoever let me say that first off -actually I think both candidates would be a great change from the ‘Old White Boys Club’. But what fears me is the present state of the US economy, war, health care...which makes me wonder; Is having another controversial president really going to be a positive thing?

Having Hillary scrutinized not only bc she may have made a bad decision for example, but the fact that she is a women could come into play. If politicians and political journalists are hung up on the fact that there is a women president there will be very little positive advancement.
Obama; I like his political views, his up bringing, his father born in Kenya and so on. The entire package differs from the classic Yale and Princeton white men that have held office for generation after generation. But again will his colour become the focal point if he were to take office? This could make policies difficult to pass along with the possibility of a back-lash from those already in the senate and house that might not be interested in having an African American Commander-in-chief.

But does that really matter? I mean yes Obama is leading in some polls now and Hillary was for a little while in late 2006, but with the rise of fresh and new candidates they don’t stand much of a chance. There are too many people -with a certain belief- and elitists to allow a women or man of colour to sit in the white house.

If I was in the US -and if some people wouldn’t focus on the wrong thing- my first option might be Obama. But bc most people do think that way one of my top candidates is democratic hopeful, John Edwards. I am still reading a great deal about some of the other democratic and republican candidates to see who I will be gambling on to make it to the top seat. Basically I ultimately, bottom line kind of thing, hope to hell that it will be anyone democratic no Republicans please.


Why do I care if I can’t even vote? First I love politics and reading political views and why people make decisions. Second even if we don’t want to face it, whoever controls the US controls a great deal of all activities of the world.


Another blog to come will be on possible candidates that I really don’t want to win, for example Rudy Giuliani. Yes he did a great job helping in the aftermath of the 9/11 tragedy but that is not a reason to vote someone in as president. Most of NY state won’t vote for him as many other people shouln’t either. He has not only been given the muzzle award, he was given the life time muzzle award. This award is given to those who cencor others and try to alter the truth before it makes it to the publc. There are more things on the mayor in that blog to come.


Oh and the support. I will be posting a very special blog this week. Unfortunately I can not say what it is about until a few more details are ironed out and I have more information. It is about something serious and I hope to gain everyone’s support. So be prepared, I hope that it will be up by Thursday.

No comments: