Monday, September 17, 2007

Hike for the cure

I wanted to say thank you to everyone that helped out to make this event a complete success. 3 months ago I started collecting donations for cancer research and through help of family and friends was able to raise $5000. It is a number that I never thought would be possible with that short a time period to canvass.

The hike itself was a lot of fun and even though at times painful we wished we were still out there and that it was not over yet -maybe bc we are gluttons for punishment not sure. We started Friday and Saturday mornings’ at 7am and finished both days at approximately 1630.

Our total distance was 95kms with the highest elevation being 350m. There were injuries along the way which are wrapped in ice as I type. The after party was also a success as we had family and friends that were around all night and those who came and went through out the night. It was a great time and still can’t believe we stayed there and drank till midnight after the two days we had.

All in all recovery has been quick and I am ready to start training yet again for my next challenge. Not sure yet what that will be but I can say that I will take some time to rest before I decide, but there are some winter runs that would be interesting… Although when I completed the hike the reality of school punched me in the gut and kicked me while I was down.

Thanks again all I appreciate all the help.
Pictures to follow as they are not loading for some reason sorry.

2 comments:

Helene said...

Marc I'm soo proud of you and Tracy for starting this Hike for the cure, on behalf of my family thank you for doing this for Marj and any others that might benefit this in the future. You have come along way from the little boy that would have to be carried on our family walks to the man that can hike 95km. Thanks again your sister

Anonymous said...

Don't trust NCC signs! When utterly exhausted, delusional from dehydration, those inaccurate distance signs can play havok with your emotions.