Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Turning a new leaf.

That is how I look when I work ask Tray.
For years I have been waking up and doing the same thing day in and day out. Before I make coffee, breakfast, check emails, hell sometimes even before I brush my teeth or visit the bathroom I do one thing. I make sure that it is loud enough so that I can hear it not matter what area of the house I am in. I turn on the news mainly CNN.

Noticing that I was feeling rather stressed from many issues at the present time I was asked to try and go a week without turning on the news first thing in the morning or for the entire day for that matter. Unfortunately it is almost a must as current news is a major focus of discussion in my political science classes.

But for now I have not looked at a news show since last Friday. I can honestly say that I am missing it a great deal and it is rather interesting to see that I miss it almost like I missed cigarettes when I first cut them out. But funny thing is just as I started smoking the odd cigar to replace cigarettes I now put on TSN and sports centre first thing in the morning and flip back and forth as I do my homework and enjoy my morning coffee.

But if I start hearing about the overpaid athlete that wants more money so he can buy yet another home, lambo, or some animal that is near extinction, then I guess I will have to switch to early morning cartoons, oh but wait crap cartoons are tainted too. I listen to a great deal of music but I may have to go back to what I use to do and that was no TV at all and music all the time.

Kind of miss those years that Tracy and I decided to not have cable. It is funny how much you rely on TV as a form of relaxation and then one day you realize that what started as an hour a day has turned into several hours of mind numbing nothingness.

But for now I can’t tell if no news is helping the stress as I still have a ton of things to sort through i.e. SCHOOL being the major one. But hey this is my last semester and it is already more then half way done so I can not complain too much.

Soon I will be working and other then work being a constant stresser at least I will be out of school and having a ‘normal’ life -whatever that is. So we will see how this no news thing goes for a bit and I honestly believe it is one less thing of thinking of right now.

Maybe if we all did that take one thing out of your life that does not need to be there that is giving you stress and see how much better and healthier you will feel mentally and physically. Sometimes we are not even aware of things that are providing us with stress.

Editors Note: I am not saying that I am thinking of something new with the aforementioned idea nor am I saying I am a martyr for what I am doing, HA far from that in the end I know where I am going and god and I are fine with that. Hell the VIN# on our black car, turbonegro (which is the name I gave it for several reasons and have just recently found out that that is the name of the blackest colour of car you can get, interesting coincidence) has the number 666 at the end of it. The guy who sold it too us noticed the number the colour choice and we were both wearing black asked -I am not making this up ask Tracy- “Black car with 666 in the vin# you happen to be an Iron Maiden fan?” To which the obvious answer is yeah a bige fan.


Anyway hope that you can find those things that result in your stress and do something different remove it, talk about it with someone you trust, or workout, run whatever don’t let that stress stay there to ferment, grow and one day spawn into a heart attack or brain aneurysm where you are walking down the street one day and BLAM! your brain bursts and just drop to the ground. So go and relax!

Next time: My political parties results in the past election and why I believe everyone should be part of this party and political Ideologies and parties that with some tweaking are really not that bad i.e. Marxism, I know you will think I am out of my mind but just wait for it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Not to mention the stray black cat "Damien" that seems to like sleeping near or under turbonegro.
Eerie coincidence or not?