
First off I was while I was watching the X-games in and world cup skiing this weekend I was reminded of a blog I wrote last year. Every second commercial was a recruitment drive for the US Navy. And then one of the kickers on the run had Navy posters on it.
The blog I was thinking of was Hoo-yah -feel free to read it if you wish but the underlining message was that the Navy was seeking recruits in areas that they never had before. The reason is that the numbers of active military personnel has gone down since the onset of Mr. Bush’s war.
The American government believes that extreme athletes like snowboarders and Olympic skiers provide a plethora of recruits that have never been approached. The funniest thing is that the average response has been exactly what I figured that it would be, not promising for the Navy. Most of the boarders and skiers that have been interviewed and asked would you join the Navy? have all responded with a collective no. Although I figured it was a waste of time it was good to see that I was correct.
Secondly this is a screen shot of my finishing time for the 2006 10km race over the National Capital race weekend in Ottawa. I was shooting for a 50min run. As you can see I was off by 2mins.
The blog I was thinking of was Hoo-yah -feel free to read it if you wish but the underlining message was that the Navy was seeking recruits in areas that they never had before. The reason is that the numbers of active military personnel has gone down since the onset of Mr. Bush’s war.
The American government believes that extreme athletes like snowboarders and Olympic skiers provide a plethora of recruits that have never been approached. The funniest thing is that the average response has been exactly what I figured that it would be, not promising for the Navy. Most of the boarders and skiers that have been interviewed and asked would you join the Navy? have all responded with a collective no. Although I figured it was a waste of time it was good to see that I was correct.
Secondly this is a screen shot of my finishing time for the 2006 10km race over the National Capital race weekend in Ottawa. I was shooting for a 50min run. As you can see I was off by 2mins.

There were several factors in this. First my training program was merely to complete a 10km race in a decent time. So in that sense I completed my objective. But with a better tailored program the time would have been better.
The other major factor hindering my time was that I caught a cold a week before the run. Colds are horrible for training and races as you get weak, tired and dehydrated which is the worse factor of them all. My eating habits are excellent but to have avoided that cold there may have been a few things that I could have done better but in the end it was a cold and they are hard to avoid unfortunately.
This year my training has commenced with a pre-training program (which simply consists of my regular day to day weights and running with a little more enfaces on consistent runs) merely to ensure a decent base of running. In late Feb early march I will begin my intense 8 to 10 week training for the race with the goal of completing the 10k in 45min.
To maintain those goals we set for ourselves we need to consider every element; proper training, proper eating. Also goals should be high enough that you can reevaluate them in the near future and see if there is a higher goal to be set or if recalibration is required to reach it
No comments:
Post a Comment