-For those of you that don’t know this quote is from FUBAR probably one of the funniest unknown and tiny budgeted movies of all time and Canadian to boot -yes I said boot.
Basically I love a great deal of what I consider ‘real music’. Musicians and singers with talent (and not electronics to make them sound good), imagination and stage presence. Now I have said this many times in the past to the point that Tracy just tunes me out when I start talking about music unless it is something new or a new band that I want her to hear.
So to keep the repetition down to a minimum right now I wanted to post some of my most hated singers and songs that have all cranked the suck knob to 11. Reason being is that at work we must have a radio station on that appeases everyone Bob FM. To be honest I only want to pull my hair out about 60% of the days as opposed to the other options. But none the less they still play top 40 and worse yet hits from "70’s, 80’s, 90’s and whatever" -as is their tagline.
Basically this station has made me think of some of my all time most hated songs and ‘musicians’ as they play a good portion of them;
In my top five songs that make me want to scratch my eyes out and shove something pointy in my ears -haven’t narrowed them all down yet:
Rosanna by Toto
Walking on sunshine and Walk like an Egyptian
We built this city…
In more general terms bands and songs that make my head literally hurt and my heart cry at the fact that people are allowed to make this type of ‘music’;
Human League – Human or anything for that matter
Woss Rock form Bon Jovi - most hated Bed of roses
George Michael – Anything at all by him
Foreigner – especially Hot Blooded
Cyndi Lauper – Again anything
Powder Blues Band - Doin' It Right
Corey Hart – that’s any easy one – ANYTHING
Maroon 5 –anything
Bryan Adams - especially Summer of 69’
Elton John pretty much everything, except Tiny Dancer as it is a great song and he does it well.
obla di bla da By the Beatles, why they made this song I will never understand.
Nickleback –do I need to mention any? Didn’t think so.
The entire EMO genre and the little kids that think it is actually punk music.
On second thought pretty much anything from any of these people is terrible. Well I could add a tone more but we all have bands and songs that we hate. Feel free to list any that you believe to be in your top most hated songs that make the bile back into your throat.

No comments:
Post a Comment