I have decided to start writing letters to those people involved with the concerns that I have in my day to day life. I started this a few years ago and kept it up during school for a little while but got a little busy. It started when I wrote our MPP on a specific subject -wish I could remember the subject as this point would be much more interesting.That led me to writing to companies and organizations either in praise of their services rendered or possibly how they were morally positive with human rights or environmental sustainability. Other times it was a negative response for the same reasons; poor service, inhumane conditions, or environmental degradation.
Why would I bother doing this? Well to be honest as petty and useless as it sound I like people to know I know that they have done a great job, or that they are the reason the world is ending and they should hang their head low and give themselves a punch directly into the throat.
Hell the Heart Attack Grill episode was interesting wasn’t it? I sent them a letter stating how completely stupid I thought he and his patrons were and he called me PC. I still laugh at that one, what a complete dolt.
But the main reason for it is that I have always wanted to get something I have written published. And letter writing shapes and focuses creativity and can be therapeutic, or in honor of someone or even immature as the reasons above state. I learnt this from several forms of writing but the most inspirational is by my favorite author Hunter Thompson. He published several books filled with letters to everyone from politicians, pro-athletes to his friends like Douglas Brinkley, Warren Zevon and Jack Nicholson.
Anyway to begin with my first letter I thought that I would have some fun. At work I have been stuck listening to a music station that plays everything so although no one is offended by the music that is on, there is something for everyone so we all know that no one is completely happy all day but we each get our moments.
So that being said the title of my letter is; Concerned Music Fan, and the recipient will be the band; Nickelback. It will start or have a list of questions one being; “With your career going the way it is now, when do you think your 15 minutes of fame will be over.”
I will also ask them why they believe their lyrics make any sense what so ever. Oh and I won’t forget to ask how a teenager figured out that if you play two specific songs of theirs -not sure yet which they are as the sound bite wasn’t working- at the same time that they are the exact same just slightly altered enough that their diluted top 40 fan base doesn’t clue in. Obviously I will ask if they realize that they are ruining ‘hard rock’ -as they claim to be- and music for that matter.
Not sure if they will get this as I am sure much of their mail is filtered and they only receive the 14 year old girls stating how she wants to marry Chad and thinks he is so cool.
Anyway back to the election in the wee early morning hours yesterday Mitt Romney may have finally realized what the entire nation -and then some- new all along; I can’t win. Yup it was official today Romney ‘suspended’ his campaign and said that he had to do it as his running would "forestall the launch of a national campaign and be making it easier for Sen. Clinton or Obama to win."
In the words of the Virgin Marry “Come again?” I mean honestly man do you really think that the general public is that stupid and would believe that you actually pulled out of the race to make sure that Obama and Hilary won’t win? Face it you had no chance of winning your parties majority and you know it. But then again this general public has been duped before so who knows.
So it looks like it will be McCain against the Obama and Hilary could be scary either way but with the two decent politicians -although I say that loosely about Clinton she would be better then the Rep- in the right spot lets hope the scales tip to the left.
2 comments:
I like the idea that you can write someone an anti-fan letter.
"Please, Chad, explain in what ways you feel you don't suck?"
I was at a party once where this guy was telling a story about how he was in a car accident while not wearing a seatbelt, and he was wearing some Roots pants that caught on something. The docs told him that it probably prevented him from going through the windshield and possibly dying. He wrote to Roots to thank them for making such good pants, and they sent him a gift certificate for a couple hundred bucks.
My question is: Has anyone ever replied to any of your correspondance, and if so, did they contain gift certificates or something ticking?
"Please, Chad, explain in what ways you feel you don't suck?"
Lol…that would be a short response I suspect.
Nope nothing ticking yet and I normally leave any package I am unsure about in front of my neighbors door with the name removed and wait for them to bring it to me opened -no loud bangs or need to move as of yet. I have received several small gift certificates though, which is always nice.
City of Ottawa will most likely get a letter due to raising parking meters to 3.00/hour that is insane as it is only 1 right now for 48mins, not sure but to me that is kind of a big jump.
Post a Comment