Friday, February 8, 2008

Warning; Video may contain excessive beauty and many horses.

I know I am a hypocrite sometimes and I have admitted it in the past and have stated that we all are from time to time -I say that to make sure that I feel a little better. Day in and day out I try to be as environmental as possible, but when it comes to cars I can’t help but fall for some of the ‘super polluters’. Case in point the video above is of the 2008 Maserati Granturismo.

Many of the vehicles I love are not really environmentally friendly but honestly would you prefer to drive a road legal golf cart like the smart car that consumes a hummingbird amount of 9 barrels of fuel per year or a smooth road animal like the Maserati that unfortunately burns 22 barrels/year making it only two barrels behind an AWD Escalade horrible.

But they have made what is considered one of their best vehicles to date and has proven that Italian car making is mechanically finally getting better as it is said to handle and not fall apart as it predecessors once did. The car produces 4.2 liter V8 engine, delivering 405 bhp man that would be awesome I probably wouldn’t last long with a car like that.

At the Chicago auto show Dodge introduced their new Challenger SRT8. A great car for new muscle car lovers meanwhile keep some of its nostalgic lines. Under the hood, it gets more impressive with Chrysler's 6.1-liter SRT8 version of the Hemi V-8. There are 425-horses and 420 pound-feet of torque packed in for good measure. So you're commute will take you from 0-60 in 4.9 seconds and 0-100 in under 17 seconds. Top speed is 170 mph, more than both the BMW M5 and Ford Mustang GT500. It would also cost you ~$3200/year in fuel –to put that into perspective the my rabbit costs ~$2000 and the smart at ~$1300. All that aside it is a sweet car.

Well bye for now from the hypocrite dirt bag…

1 comment:

SBP said...

Pff. Dirt Bag. Hypocrite!!! :-)