Sunday, March 16, 2008

Greetings from Jay.

Shortly we will be will be departing from Jay and what was a stellar weekend of skiing. Tracy and I were on the road Friday morning at 6am and were here and on the hill for a full sunny day starting around 9. After getting our bearings straight we tore through the trails and had n amazing day.

The slope side condos we stayed at are probably one of the nicest I have ever been in. And when you I say slope side you can literally walk out the door strap on your skis and you are on a trail to the nearest lift, there is just nothing better.

Unfortunately with the year of powder we have had it had to be mild last week and there was some rain that made the powder a little harder to find but we did our best to seek it out. Saturday was filled with long quad burning runs and attempting to seek out jumps and glades (tree lined runs) which the glades were the best place to find powder.

Here is the trail map, http://www.jaypeakresort.com/en/jay_peak/263/ that clearly shows the amount of skiing that can be done and not being here since high school made it even better as it felt like it was the first time again. I truly felt like a kid and just returning this morning at 11 from about 8 more runs I can not get the smile off my face. I am stoked to hit some bigger mountains in the years to come.

Anyway we will be on the road in a few minutes so enjoy the video gives you an idea of how impressive this mountain truly is, later.

1 comment:

Fitness Foodie said...

There are so many great trails, but day two burning my quads out on the long "MONT" "REALER" and those intertwining trails (Angel's Wiggle...), were my favorite runs.