Sunday, June 29, 2008

Daniel

Thought I would post my workout for now and maybe get in a post today that I was working last week.

Warm-up and today was my first attempt at;

Daniel
50 chins
400 meter run
21 thrusters (30lbsDB)
800 meter run
21 thrusters (30lbsDB)
400 meter run
50 chins

My time 17.56
It felt good and I felt strong throughout but my time was long. I think that I could get that down a great deal for two reasons. First the first 50 chins I was not warmed up enough and struggled through them.

And second the treadmills at this gym are on the first floor, 2 flights of stairs down from the weight room. So add to the workout 3 flights down and 3 flights up. And of course they are at opposite ends of the gym making me walk about 50m from the chin bar to the stairs themselves.

All-in-all I can not complain and can only imagine that next time will be faster. I then finished off the workout with a much needed 6km run.

6 comments:

Katie said...

Did I mention today that I dislike you? If I didn't, I dislike you. My 26 minutes says bah to your "slow" 17... I feel the need to go eat lots of ice cream... :P

Unknown said...

Sorry Katie, your 26mins was awesome. I actually did this b/c I had seen it on your site and thought of what you had told me about going for 20mins instead of 10 earlier in the week. So you actually pushed me to get that 17, thanks :)

Fitness Foodie said...

Thanks for the intro to cross-fit - my abs are sore from those wipers. It was a great workout and pumped me up. When my knee is better, it will be great to incorporate the legs.

Katie said...

Well..... when you put it that way... ok... I don't dislike you quite so much... I only dislike you a little bit because you beat the pants off my time... seriously... 17 minutes? DAMN! Where'd you get those horses?

Unknown said...

No problem T it will only get harder when we incorpirate some burpees and pistols.

Katie I really think a great deal of my time was saved on the run portions as I just finshed a 10k not long ago and my pace for normal runs is still high from all the sprint training.

Plus I am never happy unless I dig as deep as I can, I know you know the feeling :)

Katie said...

Forts... if I had one to spare... I'd send you a "Rest Later" t-shirt... ;)