I was lucky enough to be attending the debate where this picture was taken. It was hard but I was able to hear some of what they said;Obama "…just think of it when we are in the White House bill won’t be the only cheating Clinton."
Hilary "Oh crap here comes Nader, I will meet you in your tour bus after Bill is tucked in." *I am only paraphrasing and that is not an exact quote.
Yup we all knew it was coming it was just a matter of time. Both former rivals Clinton and Obama are joining forces and for the first time took the stage together as allies. Of course they wouldn’t use any hidden or for that matter apparent messages would they? Nope just the name of the town they have decided to gather together for the first time happened to be wait for it…come on just wait…one more….ok…Unity, NH. Come ON!
Sorry I am not sure if it was really that subliminal. Guess it wasn’t meant to be, just like the posters stating CHANGE with the picture of the possibly first black president next to the oversize font. Of course there were some classic remarks that even the most simple of people could foresee.
For instance when Clinton stated; "Unity is not only a beautiful place, as we can see, it's a wonderful feeling, isn't it?" But she also said a few more important things as well. Since Clinton dropped out of the race not long ago she has since introduced Obama to her chief fundraisers and today she assured that their journey together now "will end on the steps of the capital as Barack Obama takes the oath of office as the next president."
One of the major backlashes that the Democrats fear is the possible lack of support from those who were so enthusiastically supportive of Clinton. Will they go for Obama? Or will they feel betrayed and let down? Thus leaving them to turn to the dark side of politics; Republican army. I certainly hope not but it can and has happened in the past.
Of course the McBush campaign is running strong with their biggest weapon in full view; The Fear Machine. Most level headed people would have denounced lobbyist Black for his comments (about terrorism helping the candidates campaign). But not McCain nope he actually supported him. What makes this worse is that the cable news networks and commentators said the only thing that Black did wrong was actually say it out loud - this isn’t a surprise as fear sells.
This will be the running theme throughout the rest of the election. And one can only imagine that this will crumble the foundation of the Democratic party. When McCain and Obama go head to head, national security will be the deciding factor.
Obama’s stance on war and foreign policy in this area appear weak to those who are not looking at the big picture. These are the same people that would rather vote in McCain and live in a recession to feel safe from the ‘boogeyman’. The machine of fear and terror will prevail. I assure you. McBush and the fear machine in 08.
Working on Sqauts 12-10-8-6-6
Dealifts 12-10-8-8-6
WOD Fun Friday from the Regina Crossfit
Working on Sqauts 12-10-8-6-6
Dealifts 12-10-8-8-6
WOD Fun Friday from the Regina Crossfit
# of rounds in 20 minutes:
7 Bell Swings - 55lbs / 35lbs7
L-Pull-ups
7 Burpees
I completed 14 and was completely beat at the end, loved every minute of it, ok maybe not during the burpees especially rounds 10 to 14 as when I would get to them it made me cringe and I thought I was going to puke.
1 comment:
Ew... burpees and L-sits in the same circuit? Yuck. Nice work! :)
Post a Comment