
I have said time and time again how much I love cult movies. And can not deny that some of which are B level movies. One of my favorite heave metal bands has always been Rob Zombie. I have been a fan since White Zombie to present. He has also worked with Alice Cooper, Danzig, Powerman 5000 and Scum of the Earth.
When he isn’t working on his lyrics and loud vocals Rob Zombie has taken up another hobby that fills his time. He has been making horror and slasher films since the release of, House of a Thousand Corpses in 2003. I have to say that I was not surprised that it was not that great but I was also hoping -not expecting- that it would have been better. As a long time fan of horror, slash and serial killer movies I wanted more.
When his follow up movie was released in 2005, Devil’s Rejects, I was figuring more of the same and didn’t bother watching it. Then one night thinking of how much I liked the psychopathic killer clown Captain Spaulding with his catch phrase, “well shit the bed!” in the first movie, I had to give it a try. Plus Tracy was gone and it was free on digital cable. Completely different movie and was a lot better then the firs and I enjoyed it. It was a perfect serial killing B movie.
The there was his trailer, Werewolf Women of the SS, that featured as a faux-trailer between Planet Terror and Death Proof. It was a great trailer that I actually thought would make as a funny twisted horror film.
Also in 2007 was the debut of his remake of Halloween. Supposedly really well done but I have not had the chance to see it as of yet but am sure that I will. Hell with all the rain we are having lately ruining many hiking and biking outings it might be sooner then later.
But then today a friend of mine, Stan, sent me the movie poster below stating that for some reason, which he didn’t know why, he thought of me when he saw it. Most likely b/c he knows how much I enjoy these types of off the wall or weird movies. Again who knows if I would ever watch Tyrannosaurus Rex but there is a possibility. Something about the macob and weird that I tend to like. I enjoy being freaked out by weird personalities, imaginations and humour.
When reading the article about it this was all Rob Zombie had to say; “My next live action feature is called TYRANNOSAURUS REX. I don’t want to give away any details yet, but I will tell you that it has nothing to do with dinosaurs.”
WOD Chest
DB press ‘clinic’ 10@80lbs, 8@95, 8@100, 6@105, 6@110, 4@115.
Incline BB 10-8-8
The hangover punishment; as many rounds in 10 minutes
7 power cleans @ 95
7 DB swings @ 45
10 DB incline fly @ 25
10 Knees To elbows
Ended with 6 rounds, I wasn’t hung over today it was yesterday and it was more of an unexpected late night then the beverages. Good workout though.
4 comments:
I say next time you should up that to 20 minutes. Metcon will really kick your backside then...
Thanks Katie, funny things is I had thought the same thing but alas the gym was a little busy and wasn’t sure if I would make it back for work on time. I think I have found a solution for that though and will be heading to the gym even earlier then I do now.
Oh yeah forgot to mention why this poster is so funny is the movies tagline. You have to click on te pic to see it better.
Work shmerk... ;) CrossFit is more important... ;)
Post a Comment