Monday, June 30, 2008

This is the picture of the newly adopted Crossfit Inc. mascot, Pukey the Clown. Reason being hard work only makes you better. Of course try not to puke as that isn't the best way to finish a workout.

I have said it time and time again; using drugs to enhance performance, not matter the sport, is cheating and with the horrible and deadly side effects just stupid. And I know that doping has been around for ever. But now that there are so many ways of detecting illegal steroids, athletes need to turn to other forms. With a new drug making it into the enhancement category the drug testers might have to only one place to look, well at least with the male athletes, yes their crotch.

It seems that many pro athletes are turning to Viagra to enhance their performance, and I do not mean in the bedroom. The idea is based on the fact that Viagra increases the amount of nitric oxide in the body, which in turn makes the blood vessels expand. As a result many athletes believe that this will give them more blood flow thus increases normal levels of oxygen.

But Anthony Butch, director of the Olympic Analytical Laboratory at the University of California Los Angeles, has stated that there might not be any real advantage. From a CBC report Butch stated; "Just because you have more nitric oxide doesn't mean that you are going to be a better athlete."

But on the other hand there are some studies that provided some evidence to say the contrary. It seems that in cyclist Viagra improved performance by 40%, found Dr. Andrew McCullough, a sexual health expert at New York University School of Medicine. Doc McCullough also stated that even with an increase of 10% for an elite athlete could help to clinch victory - even though it would be a bullshit victory.

So yet again people are finding interesting ways of cheating and I have to say I am not at all surprised as there is very little pride and nothing pure in our morally defunct society. A society that pays athletes to be the best their drug can make them.

In the case of Viagra I can’t imagine how this would help. To me it would seem like there would be a lack of concentration. First off all the blood from your brain would now be traveling elsewhere. Second wouldn’t you want to be somewhere else at that moment doing something far more interesting then cycling for instance?

Oh well to all of those who do cheat; get a life. To those of you males that wish to use Viagra to enhance athletic ability I hope the only thing you get is what the product was intended for and then have the 4 plus hour side effect of continues ‘enhancement’ that the commercial states and have to drop out of competition and call the Doc or a female companion.

So the next time you see a sprinter, cyclist, weight lifter or whatever, with a bulge in their shorts and a lusting grin on their face you will have proof that they are doping. Well I guess that might make it easier for detection. Or the athlete could be a complete pervert and you should evacuate the area immediately.

WOD – Maintenance. Quick workout today as I am extremely busy with work and getting ready for the cottage. Yup Canada and a few other days to follow will be spent at the cottage with some friends. So knowing I can’t hit the gym till the weekend I did a little bit of everything that I needed.

7 Rounds
10 dead lifts 125lbs
10 DB swings 40lbs
10 Man makers 20lbs DB
15 24" box jumps

Core work and forearms for maintenance.

9 comments:

Katie said...

Dear me, that was a risque post there. I daresay I think I blushed... :P

SBP said...

"Win if you can, lose if you must, but always cheat!"

- Jesse "The Body" Ventura

Anonymous said...

ttg cheapest cialis , cialis sale , order cialis online , viagra pill , viagra samples , natural viagra

Anonymous said...

vt cialis online pharmacy , cialis side effects , female cialis , viagra uk , viagra samples , what would happen if a girl took viagra

Anonymous said...

arfe canadian pharmacy online cialis , cialis tadalafil side effects , generic cialis 40 mg , discount generic viagra , pfizer viagra for sale fast delivery , cheap viagra online without prescription

Anonymous said...

I cialis soft tablets , order cialis without prescription , cialis sale , cialis , cialis cost australia , cialis for sale in canada

Anonymous said...

df daily cialis 5mg , cialis no prescription , cialis discount , buy viagra in england , how to get viagra without a prescription , viagra online canadian pharmacy

Anonymous said...

rt cialis soft tabs , cialis cost , cialis , buy real viagra , brand viagra online , no prescription viagra

Anonymous said...

rfg viagra buy , cheap viagra pills , generic viagra , generic cialis , cialis online , cialis prices