Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Back to it! Thank the Training Gods

Well I am now back to my first day after the extra long weekend and the move into the new house that went rather well. Thanks to the help from the Muscle Juice crew -stupid inside joke that is not even worth explaining. We were all moved in Wednesday night by about 830 and were even able to enjoy some pizza and beers on the deck for about an hour before it started to pour.

The house was pretty much set up by Thursday afternoon for our first guests, my parents, and after some further work over the weekend was completely set up including paintings on the walls and my garage almost in ordering including tool organization. A major upside with the new house is the garage. There will be a great deal of room for a home crossfit gym. I will begin work on it immediately and will have pics once it is started.

We have had several guests stop in for supper and/or drinks and look forward to hosting many more, and yes BP that includes a poker game in the very near future. We were also pleased to have a visit from the Stanford’s and Paul the new addition to the fam. He is a real cutie and it was nice to meet him and to have a chance to play with Finn.

The only downside to this whole week (which I can not complain as it has been fun) that training was impossible on the days during the move. Between aches and pains, staying up late while enjoying beverages with guests and early mornings, there was no training that could be done. It would have been stupid to do as it could have ended in injury.

So Monday morning we decided to do a short hike that is 2.5k up the Eardley escarpment in Luskville, and 2.5 straight back down. Although it had been many days off and we were stiff we moved and completed the short, but elevated distance in just over an hour.

Back into training weights and crossfit today, with hopefully a long slow run tonight, I have really missed it. Today I did some arm work and then had a run in with Fran. First time I met her actually and must say after the long week, consisting of everything I already mentioned above, I was pleased with my effort. As crossfitter’s know this is Fran;

Fran (for time)
21 Squat Thrusters (95 lbs)
21 pull-ups
15 Thrusters
15 pull-ups
9 Thrusters
9 pull-ups

I completed her as Rx’d and even though I took some time I completed Fran in 8:13. I was happy with this an liked the workout so much I have rescheduled a meeting for Fran on Sunday or Monday, depending on how grueling the hikes are this weekend, and will bring that time down for sure.

It was a great way to get back into the swing of things and I can not wait till tomorrow to through another new one in the mix, not sure which yet.

2 comments:

Diarist said...

Fran! She's lurking round the crossfit community like a bad rumour at the moment.

Nice post title by the way, I think the god of crossfit should be 'Kromm' from Conan the Barbarian!

Katie said...

Just be careful with Fran... doing her too often can have a negative affect...