I did my Fran test on Saturday. My warm-up was too much and really hindered my performance. I wasn’t feeling 100% and it came through in my time. But regardless of that I wanted to know roughly where I stood for this workout.
I started off strong and at just a little over a minute I was dropping from the pull-up bar and getting ready to attempt the 15 thrusters. At about thruster 6 my body started to tell me that I was not going to do these straight through and had to put the bar down.
I couldn’t wait to finish the thrusters so I could save time with pull-ups as I can usually pull them out rather well even while tired. Oh but those training Gods just love to make things interesting just as you think you can save time some where they put their boot on your back. When I got on to the bar I had to stop half way through catch my breath.
Then came the 9’s, my time keeper/coach, Tracy, told me to dig deep, my body said otherwise. But I knew the clock was ticking so I took a few deep breaths, changed the Ipod to something heavier, but to no avail as the time would continue to pass by.
After I fought through that 9 there was no way I was jumping onto that bar. The world was dark and I needed a short walk to get the blood flowing properly. I got back to the bar after a minute or so and pulled the 9 pull-ups out quickly and still finished just shy of 6 minutes with a time of 5:48.
At first I was upset about this time but with the factors involved and when I reminded myself this was merely a benchmark time for the future I was ok with it. I know now what I have to work on and how much I need to concentrate on it. I hope to attempt Fran again in a few weeks for a greatly reduced time.
Only leg work today and will be back to crossfit tomorrow, not sure which one yet.
3 comments:
Wow... considering that you were hindered by a few factors, that's a pretty fast time Forts!
Thanks Katie I was rather happy with it after a while. Still mad that I did a long warm-up instead of a short one and getting right to the test right away. Oh well next time I will know better.
Great job on Fran!! I have yet to attempt it as I am sure that it will be crazy high and I am pretty sure that I can not do thrusters as prescribed. But I am totally proud of your time! Keep up the great work!!
Post a Comment